Is Red Dead Redemption 2 overrated or is it a good game?

::sheepishly raises hand::

I have a 4tb SSD via USB for all non- X|S enhanced games. I have the 2tb Series SSD expansion, and I have the internal SSD.

The internal SSD is for HUGE games I generally only play in the home theater like Flight Simulator. I also keep all apps on the internal drive.

Both my expansion and my USB SSD sit around 60% to 70% full. I definitely clean up some games that are one-and-done.

2 Likes

Gonna be set in america again. Rockstar dont have the balls to go outside america anymore

As for gta vs RDR…ill take RDR any day. Ive only ever finished 1 gta game and that Vice city.

Not only is that game very much not overrated to me, you gave me a great idea with this thread

Just replayed the Mass Effect series (again), Inside, MW 2019 and was thinking which older game should I replay next and…BAM…Red Dead Redemption 2 it is

1 Like

Excellent choice. I’ve been holding out for a Series X upgrade tp play through it again but it looks like that will never happen.

Oh yeah, I didn’t even consider that.

Has RDR2 received a next gen upgrade yet?

Rock star reportedly dropped their plans for a port, remake, or enhancement of RDR2 after the disaster that was the GTA trilogy.

Does anyone know if they have yet?

I want to know, because if they have not yet, I will wait before I bother reinstalling it

So…not yet

Fne, thanks

Adios, Read Dead 2

Just popped in for my 2 cents. Probably the top 3 best games I have ever played. I went through withdrawals after I finished it. I just about cried during some scenes and wanted to buy 1000 acres in Montana and be a cowboy while I was playing haha.

1 Like

Only game I can compare rdr2 with is elden ring. I’ll explain in what way. Both games give you the feeling that you are controlling someone somewhere that is who the game tells you he is, they hardly feel like video games to me.

That’s what defines both these games for me, not their graphics, not their combat, but the fact that you are as free to do whatever you like as you can be.

For rdr2 in particular it baffled me how I probably never listened to the same line twice, it felt like I was controlling someone in the real world 150 years ago in the usa.

I suspect the only game that has the potential to give me that feeling again is starfield.

1 Like

1 Like

It’s both, really. It is definitely an accomplishment, but it gets put on a pedestal that I think it hasn’t necessarily earned.

1 Like

For me personaly is one absolutely incredible game,somthing special in gaming industry,but…

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that.

I totally get they’re enjoyable, solid experiences that a lot of people love. It’s just not for me.

It’s kinda like how NieR: Automata is my favorite game of all time and I’d declare it a masterpiece, but I totally get why many people my be turned off by it.