Is anybody getting into the Android ecosystem because of xCloud?

You can get it working on Goggle TV but the 720p is a killer.

1 Like

I’ve been considering it for a while anyway. This is now just another mark against IOS for me.

Magic of OLED! Never going back. I have a Note 9, love the screen as well, t’s amazing

Looking forward to purchase a LG OLED TV in the future…

Nope. I really like my Apple stuff. Maybe I‘ll try a cheap Android for xCloud

Already into Android on the phone but my Ipad is definitely being switched out to an Android device. This also goes for my MacBook, I have been a macbook user since 2008 but the windows ecosystem in combination with Xbox services is getting more appealing every day.

Hell yeah! Was a huge Windows Phone fan and held on as much as possible until the app support basically disappeared. Still have my Nokia 640XL but haven’t turned it on in years.

I’m on way too deep in the Apple ecosystem… a watch, AirPods, iPad, MacBook, iPhone. I honestly hope they will work something out.

Yes, I’m buying a Pixel 4a for Xcloud.

Never owned an Apple product before and dont plan on it either. However as my phone, Im still rocking my trusty 950XL that I want to replace with a Surface Duo running Android. This would be my first Android device owned but since its Microsoft at the helm of the device, I trust them. Will replace every Google app/service on it with a Microsoft app/service. Bing, OneDrive, OneNote and Office, Edge…you name it. But the extra apps you get through the PlayStore over Windows Phone will come in handy. Plan on using xCloud quite a bit out of the home.

Is the surface duo a phone or a tablet? I always read it doesnt have 5G? Kinda kills it for me.

I’ll never switch from iOS, but I would love an android device for xCLOUD. Obviously a tablet is too big because I want to do the clip on the Xbox controller. I would need a second phone basically… which is lame.

So what Surface means to Microsoft in most cases is a multifunctional device. A device that serves more than one use case. For example…a Surface Pro device is both a tablet and ultrabook…a Surface Studio is both a desktop PC and drafting board…a Surface Book is both a tablet and laptop. A Surface Duo is both a phone and tablet/duel screen device. It has a hinge that allows the device to swing all the way around, thus being able to use it like a standard phone.

But can also be folded out to duel screens and have apps take up both screens at once or separate apps on each screen

I get that most people cant just make the change on a whim like I can, but it really didn’t sit well with me to think that this company was making decisions for me.

We still have the iPad and a Macbook Pro, but now I also have devices that play better with my xbox and surface pro.

1 Like

While I’m not abandoning my Iphone for this (personally the screen isn’t perfect for console style games imo), I will be picking up a 10 inch or so Samsung tablet specifically for Xcloud. I’m still salty it won’t be available on my Surface Pro at launch. That would have been my preferred method as the screen is excellent and I wouldn’t need to spend any extra money. I’m leaning towards a super budget tablet, though, as it will be only for Xcloud. Thinking of getting the Samsung Tab A, either 8 or 10 inch. When it launches on Windows, I’ll transition to the Surface for most of my Xcloud gaming.

I’m leaving the Android ecosytem because of xCloud.

(Actually going back to Apple because I want to sync up all my hardware devices and media to Apple)

Just made the move to dump Apple last week and pre-ordered the Note 20 Ultra. The iPhone XR was the only Apple device I had so I am not deeply invested in their ecosystem. I mean, I owned quite a few paid apps and such, but I don’t care enough about any of it to stay tied to one manufacturer. The only thing keeping me on iOS was that my family all use iPhones.

I am a PC user Windows/Linux and Work in IT with a lot of Microsoft services in play (O365/Teams/Sharepoint/Azure etc), so Samsung’s increased partnership with MS will make a lot of my work tasks easier, particularly with the Note feature set. xCloud was kind of just the straw that broke the camels back.