IP that Xbox should revive for Series X and forward

Splinter Cell :craig:

1 Like

Crimson Skies Mech Assault Conker Kameo Project Gotham Racing

+1 for everyone that has said either Viva Pinata or Splinter Cell.

I know Splinter Cell is now a multi-platform franchise but Iā€™ve always associated it with Xbox as the original was exclusive and it was one of my first Xbox games alongside Halo.

Viva Pinata is such a great game as well, and I think it would be amazing GamePass game.

I see absolutely no one bringing up AoM, itā€™s always AoE, I frickin loved Age of Mythology, especially the Titans expansion was something wild at the time, sure, it brought in equally crazy and very well known God game mechanics, but Iā€™m just wondering what new thing they could do and what mythologies they could tackle this time? Maybe even build a kind of solid story where our characters/army/nation travel to different civilisations and unlock unique abilities and trigger grand scale world events that ripple across all those civilizations and their mythologies, would honestly be cool. But all of this should not hamper the more strategic core of the game.

I think it could happen after AoE 3 DE maybe?

There are RARE and FASA IPs that I feel would do better today than previous years.

1. Mech Assault - this franchise has so much potential due to the gaping hole of good mech games within the industry combined with the lore behind Battletech and potential to make it a platform.
  2. Perfect Dark - Microsoft still hasnā€™t shown that AAA narrative driven gameā€¦yet. If rumors are true, Perfect Dark is a good choice. Cyberpunk spy stuff has potential for both single and multiplayer.
  3. Shadowrun - WRPG genre with a unique mix of fantasy and cyberpunk. World building already done.
  4. Banjo - While I donā€™t believe this would tear up the charts, donā€™t underestimate a fan service game with a very vocal and passionate crowd.
  5. Viva Pinata - A game that was ahead of itā€™s time. Perfect type of game to take on the go. Animal Crossing lite.
  6. Age of Mythology - Use AOE4 engine to diversify the RTS portfolio. Personally I enjoy AoM more.

Wonā€™t happenā€¦but my 2nd favorite Microsoft IP is PGR. Would be nice to see them throw us PGR fans a bone with a Forza Street DLCā€¦including kudos.

1 Like

My dream would be a Conker game, made by Double Fineā€¦!

1 Like

I think the easiest win of the generation would be a full fat Banjo game, even a reboot would be worthwhile.

Other games I think they should bring back would be

• Lost Odyssey IP
  • Blinx
  • Conker
  • Condemned
  • Shadowrun FPS/RPG

Legacy of Kain would be worth trying to get exclusively or at least revive Iā€™ve missed that series.

1. Ninja Gaiden
  2. Banjo
  3. Freelancer (add a third person shooter mechanic and make this a Mass Effect with higher focus on ships)
  4. Perfect Dark (obvious one, but this could be huge with the right studio)
  5. Phantom Dust (give this the money it needs for a good game and it could be a cool DMC-type game)
  6. MechAssault
  7. Recore (so much damn potential)
  8. Crackdown (I know I know, but I think they need a great studio to handle this, like Initiative or someone that can crack the fun)
  9. Brute Force

Microsoft has wealth of content that can be a huge thing if resurrectedā€¦ WIZARDS & WARRIORS from RARE

One of the series that helped to shape Metroidvania gener back on 80ā€™s, still has some ideas didnā€™t unleashed. We canā€™t underestimate the old past for Microsoft in gaming, for example FLIGHT SIMULATOR & AGE OF EMPIRES & even MICROSOFT SOLITAIRE are poiner in their genre ā€¦

Yeah! If Iā€™ll choose one franchise to resurrected, itā€™ll be WIZARDS & WARRIORS : )

4 Likes

Midtown Madness

I know someone else mentioned it as well, but I think Crackdown would have great potential if rebooted into a darker, grittier, more serious world in the style of Altered Carbon. Have the agentā€™s be genetically and mechanically engineered super cops that police the legal and illegal use by the super rich and criminals that have access to the same cloning, conscious upload and modification technology. I would start the game off as an agent that was killed by a kingpin freshly loaded into a new body who needs to ā€œretrainā€ and boost your skills back up while figuring out who killed you and stopping them. I would keep the same open world aspect, but have more closed in and focused levels that you have to navigate. I know a lot of current Crackdown fans would probably hate that idea, but I feel like if the franchise is going to survive it needs to grow up a bit and get a good gritty story behind it. This is sort of the opposite direction of what the franchise has always been, so I can see opposition to that idea. I played 3 and thought it was a fun enjoyable experience for what it was, but it wonā€™t thrive unless it changes. I could see it being Xboxā€™s Altered Carbon/Cyberpunk/Alitta Battle Angel style flagship if rebooted correctly. Any current Crackdown fans feel like this is the wrong way to go?

4 Likes

I sort of agree. I think it would be easier to make a better game that was darker in tone. They could find a studio, or have 1st party do it. However, I think if they want to keep the same less serious tone then they need a great studio to handle it. Someone like the Coalition. Give them the IP and have them keep the tone less serious but add the amazing gameplay Coalition has refined w/ Gears.

I would like a reboot of Brute Force.

I would like them to make a new Skies of Arcadia, Crimson Skies, and Jet Set Radio.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a lot of franchises that I consider Xbox franchises even though they arenā€™t owned by MS that I would like to come back especially Jet Set and Ninja Gaiden. But I think MS owns a lot of IP that have potential to be big franchises in their genres, especially with game pass and Xcloud.

Killer Instinct- I know it wasnā€™t that long ago but it was the best fighter of current gen imo and just didnā€™t get enough attention because of the old ways MS operated.

Banjo- come on. Look at the success that crash and Spyro have seen. Iā€™ve never played a Spyro game but I can say Banjo is better than Crash. Letā€™s go Phil.

Perfect Dark- Thereā€™s not a ton of good spy games coming out. I think this has a ton of potential.

Other franchises that I think are worth reviving but I donā€™t have as much to say about are Crimson Skies, Lost Odyssey and Viva PiƱata. Another game that I donā€™t think MS owns the rights to is Ryse. That game had a ton of potential. The story was really good they just needed to work on the combat.

I forgot about Phantom Dust. I think there is potential there.

1 Like

In no particular order.

1. Shadowrun: So much potential for the IP with all the RPG focus that XGS has now.
  2. Mechassault: Alot of potential with what could be done with this could be anything they want it to be really.
  3. Crimson Skies: A dream to see another one in my life.
  4. A real sodding Panzer Dragoon: Crimson dragon was a huge disappointment and only makes me want a new Panzer Dragoon more.
  5. Ninja Gaiden: Its time to bring a game like this back because at the moment there arenā€™t too many games like it in their portfolio right now.

Oh, man. There are so many Xbox IPs with so much potential, but the ones Iā€™d like to see the most again:

• ReCore: The first ReCore is one of the most underappreciated Xbox first-party games of this generation (along with the next few franchises Iā€™ll mention later). The platforming was very fun and it had some pretty cool mechanics. Iā€™d love to see a ReCore sequel with AAA production values (graphics, cinematics, longer story).
  • Quantum Break: Remedy created a storytelling jewel with Quantum Break. Not only were the visuals breathtaking, but that story was oh-so interesting. A second installment that allows Remedy to expand on the choices mechanics, bigger encounters (and saving Beth) would be amazing.
  • Ryse: While perhaps itā€™s true that Ryse didnā€™t have the most diverse gameplay, I think itā€™s a franchise with so much potential, and I donā€™t mean it in a Ryse: Son of Rome 2 way. Imagine a Ryse: Son of TenochtitlĆ”n or a Ryse: Son of Athens, etc. This opens up a lot of possibilities for diversity in settting, plot and gameplay mechanics which would be great.
3 Likes

Crimson Skies, Project Gotham Racing and Rally Sport Challenge are the first ones that came to mind.

Sounds my dream reboot. Itā€™ll never happen unfortunately :frowning:

Crackdown aside. Iā€™m hoping the Initiatives game is set in a sci fi genre, there isnā€™t a lot of games of this type these days, particularly high quality ones.

1 Like