IP that Xbox should revive for Series X and forward

All i want is another KoTOR, Jet Set Radio and Conker… Okay, there are more but I really want them!

1 Like

I truly believe there is no dormant IP in all of gaming with more upside potential today than Viva Pinata. Especially with xCloud coming. The ability to control your garden from anywhere? It would be huge.

7 Likes

I believe that’s only the Mech games that a legally hung up. And I think that has more to do with whoever owns the Battletech IP than FASA. Everything else is fair game. I could be wrong.

Jet Force Gemini as a Ratchet clone pls

2 Likes

Yes, or something like Star Fox Assault. Part 3rd person platformer/shooter, part flying combat, 4 player co-op.

1 Like

I have a feeling Jet Force Gemini isn’t as great as you remember lol.

There’s some great mentions like Mech Assault and Crimson Skies! I would like MS to do a KOTOR 3 :slight_smile: also bring back Splinter Cell fund it to be exclusive

It is not, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be done well. The style, music, and general vibe are still great.

Yeah, maybe. I remember I played it back on the 64, and I’m pretty sure I got decently far in it too. The game just never really stuck with me tho. Feel like it can’t be that good if I remember Donkey Kong 64 more than Jet Force Gemini lol. You’re right tho, I guess the point of a revival can be to make it better and flesh out the potential of the IP. :slight_smile:

Viva pinata definitely. Mech assault and maybe some kinda kart game similar to Diddy kong racing.

On 64 it doesn’t hold up, but conceptually it’s still strong and could come back as something great

Project Gotham Racing

Banjo Kazooie

Viva Pinata

Blast Corps

these are the ones I want back.

And…I can’t share the feelings about Jet Force as y’all. I played it on Rare Replay and I thought it was a genuinely bad game.

Project Gotham Racing. Not enough good arcade racers these days.

1 Like

All the IPs I’d pick have already been mentioned so I say buy Valhalla Games and give Itagaki a stack of cash to have him make Ninja Blade 2 as a spiritual successor to Ninja Gaiden.

5 Likes

Banjo Perfect Dark Blast Corps Killer Instinct

Just anything Rare made, keep doing that.

Buy Splinter Cell and make it

2 Likes

I saw Spartan1985 mentioned Too Human. That was a story that I feel had so much potential and was so unique, but was ruined by development issues and gameplay. They sort of put the cart before the horse and planned a trilogy before finishing the first game. If I had a studio under me I would take the basic futuristic cyber Norse mythology story and emphasis Balders journey. I imagine this game being a graphical powerhouse Xbox’s showcase title. Fast fluid melee and firearm combat, huge boss battles, beautiful landscapes throughout all the different realms you can visit through the neural network of the world tree. Fix the combat with a more normal control scheme. Keep the fast swap from melee to long range gun combat and have different enemy types that require you to use both. Have several weapons to find and upgrade, different armor types. I could see a story like this going on for several games if done right. Maybe even have Balder die and play as Thor or Hod until you rescue him. There is enough Norse backstory and enough freedom to play with the story however you want. A complete modern day reboot of this franchise could boost Xbox games to a new level.

1 Like

I want to see Viva Piñata brought back, I think Xbox needs its own Animal Crossing type game. I think a game based in the Viva Piñata universe would be awesome.

2 Likes

I hope Xbox bring Shadowrun and Ninja Gaiden at some point. And i think this will happen in the right time, during Series X life cycle (with Craig’s blessing :craig:)

1 Like

Crimson Skies, Kameo, Bloodwake and Lost Odyssey.

They have some true gems just waiting for a revival.

By order of preference:

1. Perfect Dark
  2. Banjo-Kazooie
  3. MechAssault
  4. Lost Odyssey
  5. Ninja Gaiden
  6. Crimson Skies
  7. Quantum Break
  8. Jet Force Gemini
  9. Conker
  10. Blinx
  11. Killer Instinct