IP that Xbox should revive for Series X and forward

Xbox should buy Dino Crisis off Capcom and revive it.

I love the HarebrainedSchemes Shadowruns, so more of them (or even xbox ports of them) would be wonderful.

3 Likes

Those were good and Iā€™m not sure if you ever played the Sega Genesis or Nintendo NES ones or not, but those were good too.

I so wish weā€™d get another one and with a huge amount of money behind it, so it can really shine.

Just imagine for an example Cyberpunk 2077, but good and in a fantasy world, plus third person like The Witcher games.

That to me is what I want to see for Shadowrun, when it returns.

2 Likes

I never had those consoles, (Playstation was my first after Commodores and CD-i) so I only know of them by reputation not myself.

But I love the world itself and mix of fantasy and cyberpunk so it being given a ā€œFallout 3ā€ treatment would be very cool for me.

2 Likes

This was my first thought when I saw this thread. They could do it in various interesting ways. Either a modern platformer, Psychonauts style, which would stay true to its origin and provide a new game in a genre where Xbox is kind of underserved. Or they could reboot the IP, and reinvent both the gameplay and the genre.

If they went the latter route, it being an iD property makes me suspect they would be tempted to make it a gritty FPS reboot, but I think that would be a mistake. I feel like Keen needs to stay lighthearted.

For my money, I think a 3rd person, decently lighthearted sci-fi adventure game would be cool. Maybe open world, like a sci-fi Breath of the Wild. Or more linear, like a sci-fi Uncharted.

Or just make it a modern platformer. I just want some more Keen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jeff Grubb was hinting as a possible new Shadowrun game from Microsoft not too long ago. There was speculation of Arkane Lyon being the studio that works on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/qnlltc/jeff_grubb_has_heard_rumblings_that_shadowrun_may/

5 Likes

Conker.

Spyro.

Banjo.

We need some ā€œMascotsā€ for the younger audiences or for those who want to relive them.

Lost Odyssey.

Blue Dragon.

Would be huge as Xbox lacks JRPGS atm.

Ninja Gaiden.

Could get the ā€œSoulsā€ treatment for those who love that genre.

Ryse.

Make it a ā€œCinematic Action Adventureā€ like GoW.

I donā€™t think Team Ninja would be up for another Ninja Gaiden game. They seem pretty busy with both Koei Tecmo projects and ofcourse Stranger of Paradise which might end up being a series of its own. At this point, the Xbox team should just make sure to maintain their relationship with studios like From and Team Ninja.

Looking at the back catalog, Phantom Dust is definitely one that I hope to see return. The crazy story mixed with the pretty good arena combat missions are just two things that Iā€™d love to see this gen. Cā€™mon the 20th anniversary is in two years from now, thereā€™s still time :smiley:

With the Activision acquisition, getting a new Kingā€™s Quest could be hype as well. Phil did really like the recent reboot so maybe thereā€™s a chance of that returning.

That is the dream and hopefully it happens.

If that is to happen it could be cool. I just want a new Shadowrun game, be it Arkane, Casey Hudsonā€™s company Humanoid Studios or who ever, just as long as it is given the respect it deserves Iā€™d support it.

1 Like

Pay tecmo anything for new Ninja Gaiden game

1 Like

Viva Pinata and Kameo. They have that Rare charm I loved about them.

3 Likes

Banjo and Conker

Fuck off with this Everwild shit, Rare

Nobody wants that instead

1 Like

As a wise lad with awesome hair and taste in movies once saidā€¦.

BRING BACK PHANTOM DUST!

2 Likes

And I donā€™t even know what Everwild is

1 Like

Careful. Youll upset the rare fans.

I do somewhat agree. But ms are to blame for giving rare so much freedom. 20 years and theyve put out like 2 decent games(one of them only became decent after a few years)

This is from the same studio that was pumping out AAA 90+ score rated million sellers on a yearly basis back in the snes n64 era.

Im sure everwild will be good. I just pray its not releases as alpha beta like SoT was.

3 Likes

Guitar Hero

The most fun aspect is that even the devs seem to lack an understanding of what they want the game to be

Shame. Really

1 Like

I just canā€™t get excited about old school platformer nowadays. Psychonauts 2 was great but itā€™s got a lot more going on than jumping on enemies heads.

Admiteddly I havenā€™t played a Mario game since the Wii.

1 Like

Not quite - I think they know what they want the game to be about, but they have not achieved how to make the core gameplay appealing and funā€¦ yet.

1 Like

They could release it now and figure it out later. Worked for Sea of Thieves right?..