IP that Xbox should revive for Series X and forward

With Xbox owning Crash and Spyro once the AB deal goes through, I think they should place all of their platformers into a few shared games such as crash racing and reboot skylanders with Crash, Banjo, and conker all being playable and having their own worlds. They could have dlc for each character to be like a mi i game within skylanders. It could be pretty big since the demand for platformers isn’t what it used to be. Something that can be added to that includes them all.

1 Like

I don’t think they want to repeat that situation again.

1 Like

I’d love to see a new Banjo (not a big fan of Conker) and so far we know very little from Everwild to form an opinion on what is gonna be but at the same time Phil and/or Booty can’t force Rare to make something they don’t want to…forced development wouldn’t result in a good game.

That being said Toys for Bob might be the studio for a new Banjo game (assuming they are interested in that), they did an incredible job in Crash 4 so the talent is clearly there for something great.

With quite possibly Hayashi again on the role of director I don’t know how positive I am on a scenario like this. Nioh was cool and all but I don’t know if they can make a worthy successor to Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden II. :phil_unsure:

2 Likes

I think once th ABK deal closes they own hexen so I would bring that back

2 Likes

Scalebound

3 Likes

I actually want them to let Platinum finish Scalebound and then acquire them once it releases. It wouldn’t hurt to have another game and to remove that blemish from one of the worst time periods in Xbox history.

2 Likes

IP after ABK:

• Soldier of Fortune
  • Vigilante 8/Interstate
  • Guitar Hero
  • Prototype

IP now:

They are already making the two franchises I wanted (Fable and PD) so I’m going to go with:

• Banjo
  • Enslaved (NT / Bandai Partnership)
  • Ryse
  • Quantum Break
4 Likes

I will never let Scalebound go. There will always be the tiniest, most insignificant sliver of hope that one day it will be resurrected and released to critical acclaim. The game was conceived in the wrong timeline.

1 Like

Lost Odyssey. Sequel or remake. Mistwalker can do the writing again and then they’d have to find someone to build the game. Marvelous absorbed the companies involved with both Blue Dragon (Artoon) and Lost Odyssey (feelplus) so maybe that’s not a bad option to get the team back together.

MS went for JRPGs at the wrong time… They were viewed as outdated and bad around then, and JP devs weren’t adapting to HD very well. Nowadays JRPGs are popular again and sell very well (for what is considered a niche genre anyway) when they get good marketing.

2 Likes

Lost Odyssey

2 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes

I’d love to see a full on remake of Lost Odyssey, or at the very least a remaster so it can run better on the new consoles. If that were to happen I’d be ecstatic.

1 Like

I think were at this point with Scalebound that any sort of revival would bring on huge levels of Hype.

MS will obviously look into it and just think to themselves…this game sort of sells itself as a comeback story. As long as we get a good design and team behind the game and reboot its core design structure…we can make it work. It’s not game we have to try and convince people to buy because the whole controversy surrounding the game is a marketing tool in itself.

Obviously they’ have to make a quality game but if they were to do that…And the game comes out and its a pretty good game. Huge success story.

1 Like

NO get rid of that dude and bring back Itagaki. Like old times!

Imagine Itagaki comes onto stage and announced NG4.

Too epic.

1 Like

It’s such a shame what happened with Itagaki-san, but if he’s a sex pest then there’s no excuse. Ninja Gaiden 2 is the best action game I’ve ever played, I can only imagine what his team could have done with NG3 :frowning:

Speaking of Ninja’s . I love to see MS make a sequel to Ninja Blade with From, that game was amazing fun and I’m bored of From making the same game all the time. I’ll also love to see FROM and SEGA remake Chromhounds that was the best LIVE game ever.

Singularity is also in need of a next gen remake/reboot too

There is only 1 for me. Conker.

1 Like

I love that too, but in this politically correct age, I can’t see it. It was so nice to have a platform game made for adults mind.

1 Like

I may have saw it mentioned on here before, or elsewhere, but I think a new Conker game where he gets stuck inside his Xbox and has to play through other Xbox game worlds would be a great return. One of the levels he is a Pirate on Sea of Thieves fighting skeletons and getting treasure then he is blowing Covenant away as a squirrely spartan, or using the hammer of dawn on Emergence holes. You can keep the adult theme and crassness and maybe even offer a PG13 version where the language is taken down a notch while not affecting the actual game. I actually kinda started writing down ideas for this game in a notebook. To beat each level he would have to get the A,B,X,Y and Xbox buttons on a controller for each world. I imagine something like him being in his 30’s like most of the gamers who played the first game are now in a grumpy mood dealing with adult issues and ticking off another witch who locks him in his Xbox. Could be a good game if done properly.

Viva Piñata

1 Like

Would you want them to make it Xbox’s Animal Crossing or something more akin to Pokemon with different collectibale Pinatas you can collect and possibly battle?