Introduce Yourselves!

Hi!

I’m 43 years old and live in The Netherlands. Have been gaming since the Pong machine, and had an Atari 2600, C64, SNES, Atari Lynx, Sega Megadrive, PS2, Xbox, GameCube, PS3, 3DS, 360, PS4, Switch, Series X and several gaming PCs throughout the years. I guess I’m gaming 4 life, yo. :wink:

I was Nyx on GAF and Resetera as well but got banned without warning on Era for 1 lame reply in a thread about Tinder, which annoyed me so much I asked to be banned forever.

I like to watch football and make electronic music as some other interests. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Welcome, fellow European!

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome.

1 Like

Welcome to all the new members! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In high school you say, you sound young :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome Bighappa! Pull up a scone! :green_heart:

Cerys.

oooo Nerdy Elf going on! Lovely.

Pina Colada’s Racing games and adventure games rank among my favourite things too, so well met flower!

I grew up on the seaside though, so I therefore hate it :smiley:

Welcome!

Cerys :green_heart:

oo 36, spectrum (not as good as C64 but we can’t have everything), a lover of Cities Skylines and Aberdeen/lake district?!?! I’m in love!

Welcome Sheeldz! Pull up a stottie cake

Cerys :smiley: :green_heart:

Hi James!

Belfast Accent you say? Sploosh! :smiley:

I was for the longest time an inhaler of Ubi games too, especially Clancy and the earlier AC titles, my friends and I put a ludicrous amount of time into Divisions. I’ve fallen off Ubi in recent times (for some reason :P). Likewise aside from Fable and Forza Xbox 1st party has rarely got me excited.

Welcome though!

Cerys. :green_heart:

Nxyikins! C64 you say, a person of taste you clearly are!

EU represent!!

Welcome!

Apologies for missing so many new members as they arrived, I usually like to say hi within seconds of people joining. I was not in a a great place the end of last year so excuse my lack of care.

5 Likes

Hey There!

I’m a new user, signed up over the weekend. Been listening to the Podcast for a few months now, really enjoying it so thought I’d try join the forum.

Straight up been years since I used a forum in any real way, I setup and ran a Final Fantasy based community back in the early 2000’s. Used to run vBulletin and phpBB if that means anything to anyone.

Anyway, I’m 33, live in South London (Wimbledon) and run a software/web development company working on sites for publishers and media companies. Originally from Northern Ireland, Moved to Glasgow at 18 then to the South of England about a decade later.

Grew up playing games from the Sega MegaDrive 2 and onto the PlayStation. My little brother was the xbox gamer in the house, I picked up a 360 when I was an Uni. Took a bit of a break through the XB1 generation but picked things back up when Skyrim came out and have been playing pretty consistently since.

Playing a lot of Fortnite at the moment to stay in touch with friends from school/Ireland but love stuff like Doom, Hell Blade, Nier, etc.

Nice to meet you all :grinning:

8 Likes

Welcome!

Funnily enough I also use Fortnite to catch up with people. I play it to catch up with old classmates.

1 Like

Welcome! Hope you like the site and aren’t judging us too harshly :wink:

Yeah, I honestly wouldn’t have gone near it on my own but I kinda love it now I’ve been pushed into it!

Ha, this stuff hard. You’re doing fine!

1 Like

Hey all!! My name’s Brandon aka Geddy614. I’m a 36 years old gamer dad from Columbus, Ohio. I’m an IT server engineer by day and at night you can usually find me gaming. I’ve been an Xbox guy since the very beginning and some of my greatest memories are late-night gaming sessions playing Halo: CE down my parent’s basement with my friends. Some of my favorite series are Halo, God of War, Elder Scrolls and Forza Horizon. Looking forward to being part of this great community!!

9 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes

Hi Stewart! Lovely to meet you!

More people based in the UK is fabby, we need to learn some of these how best what to speak proper.

Welcome!

Hi Brandon and welcome!

More parents are a good thing too, helps balance out the teenage riffraff.

2 Likes

Cerys I’m turning 30 this year. I wish to no longer be called a teenage riffraff.

:rofl:

5 Likes

I’m 45 and I simultaneously think of myself as teenage riffraff and an old fart. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

OMG 30 whole years!

Surely not, no one was alive back then?

Can you remember when Holland was all sea?

:heart:

2 Likes

Baby Boomers Dancing GIF

Time for us 45 year olds to go dancing!

2 Likes

Wow…

Finally decided to join after being a lurker. From the other Era. As an Xbox fan I feel this place is for me. Now I hope I’m not trying to cause drama or this doesn’t get me in trouble. But I was banned from the other Era for 1 week and I felt the ban was unnecessary in my personal opinion. I personally feel the mods on there misinterpreted the post as it was harmless. I tried getting in contact with them, but a ban doesn’t allow PMing. Again, I hope this post doesn’t get me into trouble, just merely stating why I decided to move here. I have no issues with strict modding but at least when giving a warning allow the person to explain his/herself. More importantly if there are any mods from the other Era on this site, I would like to speak with them.

But yes, I am BlessedbyHorus from the other Era who always posted in the Xbox studios thread. Glad to be here and promise to read and follow the rules thoroughly,

6 Likes