Introduce Yourselves!

lol! Noted!

Welcome!

Pull up a scone and a G&T

Cerys :green_heart:

Or pay €1.99 name yourself Murderbot and you can call Nick a liar every week Free GRATIS!*

*Not free, nor gratis

1 Like

Hey everyone, Paul here, I am a 40yr old gamer from UK, who started out way back in the day with the Amstrad CPC464 came with a green screen monitor I was jealous cause my cousin had the same machine but his was in colour was around 1987, remember all those amazing games, Green Beret, Bad Dudes v Dragon Ninja, Harrier Attack, Oh Mummy,Operation Wolf, Kung Fu Master list goes on an on.

From there I got Gameboy then Snes, Mega Drive, PS1, quit school aged 15 started working got my first PC, Dreamcast then PS2, stopped gaming for a long time as I got into music production and DJ work but since 2008 I got back into gaming as my friends kept bugging me so I bought a 360 Elite, rented games every week from Lovefilm so I could figure out what genres of games I liked, been with Xbox ever since ( Xbox One, One X, Series X ).

throughout the years I got into Achievement hunting was nice to have these milestones and now I am currently at 722K, hoping to go for the 1 million in the future but I have slowed right down with achievements and just been playing for fun as of late.

my hobbies are listening to music I like Electronic stuff mainly hence the Dnb in my name ( Drum n Bass ) but will listen to other genres Spotify daily mixes tend to give me everything I need and its always nice to hear a new artist to add onto the playlist. Also love cooking meals for the family, some weeks I get really bored so will pick some random recipe to try out hasnt failed me yet love different cuisines but Greek is high up my list though.

thats alittle bit about myself hope everyone is doing well, also listen to the podcast weekly but more of a listener than a talker lol.

9 Likes

Welcome to the forums Paul! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome Paul, this place has a lot of UK’ers so always good to see another one :+1:

1 Like

Welcome Paul :slight_smile: Always nice to have folks who have travelled a lot between platforms. We also have a nice little music thread as well, with dnb and such making frequent appearances. I’m sure you’ll find yourself right at home :slight_smile:

Yay more UK! and more 35 cough plus! :smiley:

Do you have any of the old moving shadow sampler CD’s you used to get in HMV by any chance? I only still have 99.1 :slight_smile:

Also did you love Minidiscs as much as I did/do? (I will mention this will massively make a difference whether I like you, or loathe you :smiley:

Have a fabby weekend!

Cerys :green_heart:

I know the ones you mean, but no dont own any sampler CD’s. and as for Minidisc never owned one myself but my cousin did he was into Punk/Ska back in the day and I think we listened to the same album on holiday which was from Bowling for Soup, cant remember album name its been so long lol.

1 Like

Ah the good old Punk/Ska :smiley:

I recall Rancids “And Out Come the Wolves” getting some air time in the mid 90’s. I’ve still not finished cataloguing my discs (Bought a new MD player last month). I wonder if Rancid or the Mighty Mighty Bosstones are among them :smiley:

Welvome to the forum, Paul!

Welcome to this awesome place, @Pauldnb !

Signed up here fairly close to the site’s inception

Went away for a while after going full PCMR

Series X brought me back to the fold

Love Deftones, Detroit Red Wings, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. My favorite food is chicken

6 Likes

Hi everyone. Thought I should reintroduce myself, as I was previously a member until leaving last year (for personal reasons).

:point_up: this is me. Glad to be back.

Hope everyone is doing well. Hope we are still debating if Gears needs to take a break, while waiting for the dam to burst & Xbox to shower us with more games than we can handle :wink:

5 Likes

Yay Steve!!! Welcome back flower hope you are well. :heart:

1 Like

Welcome back :slight_smile: It’s healthy to sometimes step away from the online noise, but glad to have you back on board!

2 Likes

1 Like

I’m also a previous user back with a different tag. Figure a new name is a new attitude, and am going to try to not let a couple people get under my skin like they did before. Glad to see a bunch of people still here keeping it interesting.

Typically play some Halo, Forza, Assassin’s Creed, Hitman, and a few other odds and ends. Have become a huge fan of random smaller games and other racing series that have hit Game Pass as well.

5 Likes

…javier?

At least you didn’t say Prog…

I kinda miss Prog tbh.