Immortals Fenyx Rising

Anyone played this yet? I’m absolutely loving it. To the point where I massively prefer it to Valhalla. Such a fun game.

BUT my question is - I’ve tried playing it on the Series X in performance and quality mode. Performance mode is fine. Really smooth. You CAN tear the frame if you move the camera up and down very quickly similar to Valhalla but its very minimal.

In Quality mode though the game literally feels horrible, I mean the latency is awful. You feel it instantly and its not a normal 60-30 feel - but way way way worse. I’ve played a little of ACV in quality and that is fine (albeit not as good as at 60 but fine). However, this game honestly feels terrible in quality mode. Yet clearly its holding 30FPS as we can see from the analysis. So what’s the reason? Vsync maybe?

Anyhow happy as anything with how it plays in performance mode.

2 Likes

There is zero reason to play this in quality mode. Visually, it’s barely an improvement and not at all worth the performance hit.

I was going to wait to buy Fenyx Rising but had nothing I really wanted to play so bought it having so much fun right now

I agree completely I just was wondering why technically it felt so bad to me? We know it is smooth 30 so something else must be going on.

1 Like

Game is looking super interesting, will definitely grab it later.

Right now with the launch games + BF sales + gamepass I’m all set for the year though XD

1 Like

Interesting video!

A few hours in and Immortals is definitely more Odyssey than Breath of the Wild. The game is fun and all, but after the first few minutes there is already dozens of icons on the map, indicating exactly what I’m going to find there – even indicating if it is a chest containing armor, weapons or orbs. The fact that I have some kind of X-Ray vision capable of finding those icons on the map, even through mountains, is also disappointing.

The best thing about BotW was traveling through the map without knowing what you would find, with no marks on the map at all until the moment you discovered a shrine or location.

Edit: Another thing that I find it better on BotW (which, oddly enough, I didn’t like at the time): on BotW you get all your skills on the first hour. So, no matter where you decide to go after that, you can do anything. While on Immortals there are many times where I waste 5 minutes going to an icon only to find out I don’t have the right abilities to solve the puzzle yet.

Not touching another Ubisoft open world for a long while.

Have you checked if there’s other ways to play like Valhalla? Valhalla has “game modes” that allows you to play in a guided with icons on the map mode but also an exploration mode with far less hand holding.

Might want to check Immortals for this option. Also, if you don’t scan the world from a highpoint, the icons are not supposed to go on the map until you discover it.

Didn’t had any idea about this game until was released. Picked it up and really enjoying my time with it. At the beginning I felt a bit overwhelmed with things to do, but when you focus on main quest, it gets easy to follow.

Important thing was to solve all Big Lyre quests, which will give you coins to unlock abilities and skills.

And I love the look of the game! Simple, highly stylised and lovely art.

Is this lowkey awesome?

I was thinking about picking it up after Christmas during sales because the price has already dropped quickly.

But I’m wondering if back-to-back-to-back Legion, Valhalla and this might be TOO much Ubisoft open-world games.

Depends on if you’re a Ubisoft fan. I am so once I do get Series X, Watch Dogs Legion, Immortals and Valhalla will probably be the first three games I play. However, if you’re not, I would suggest playing a shooter or something action packed in between Immortals/Valhalla just to break it up.

Watch Skill Up review or the one from ACG I think this should clarify if you might enjoy it or not :slight_smile:

I bought this for my niece for Xmas. She is into mythology and monsters lately, so I figured it was a perfect fit. If its good I might snag myself a copy in the holiday sale.

1 Like

Just started playing it and I’m a little over an hour in. I knew I would like this game. The humor in the story is very hit and miss, but I play games for gameplay and it’s been super fun. The demo on Stadia was what sold me on this and the recent sale made me pull the trigger. Gonna play this a bit while Cyberpunk gets patched up. :slight_smile:

Hot Take: In the first hour I’ve played I’m already enjoying it more than my entire time playing BotW. Please don’t attack me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I bought this yesterday and I’m enjoying it. The dialogs/narration suck and the HDR implementation is mediocre, but as a whole the game is really fun.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

So looking forward to playing Immortals eventually!!!

1 Like

I am 30hrs in and doing mostly main and important side quests/vaults. At this point I feel OP when fights start.

I agree that dialogs are lame most of the time, but gameplay loop is fun enough to make it up. Sometimes cutscene interactions look like muted Fortnite lol.

Random thing I found out. If you double click the left thumbstick, your character auto runs/walks. Don’t really think it’s needed all that much but I thought it was interesting. 3+ hours now and I finally got to upgrade my stuff. I should have chopped more trees at the beginning to collect more golden amber but oh well, I can go back and do that. Lol

Do Big Lyre quests in all zones and you will get a lot of coins to unlock skills and abilities. They are fast and easy to do.

https://www.thegamer.com/immortals-fenyx-rising-every-lyre-myth-challenge-guide/