Immortals Fenyx Rising

The combat is mostly from AC Odyssey and is developed by that team so it makes sense that Immortals uses the AC engine. Personally, the more I see, the more im hyped to play it.

1 Like

Any Opencritic predictions for this game? It’s Ubisoft so I guess it will hit an 84.

If it’s gets above 85 and performa well on console I will get it on Series X.

I’ll say 85 since the review embargo lifts tomorrow at 12pm EST according to Open Critic.

2 Likes

I literally don’t understand why a random number would make you decide to buy it. Honestly…what is up with that.

If a game is what I like and the reviews show it isn’t fully of technical issues than imma get it whether it gets a 5 out of 10 or a 10…nowadays review numbers are meaningless. You can watch hours and hours of footage of any game pre release to decide if you like it.

I seriously hate the culture of scores and metas being some sort of league table. Its meaningless. On one day a set of reviewers arbitrarily score a game and on another a different set might awared arbitrarily a totally different score.

Scores are completely meaningless and irrelevant in 2020.

2 Likes

I am anticipating this which is shocking considering when it was first revealed it looked like an Ubisoft cloning BotW project.

Can’t believe they put that quote on the launch trailer hahahaha

Anyway, the reviews are starting to come out!

Immortals: Fenyx Rising Review Thread - Gaming - XboxEra

Don’t think I like that quote… Zelda is phenomenal. Assassins Creed Odyssey is… full of grind and ok story.

If it gets MC 88+ I’ll buy, if 86 wait for a sale, 84 or below rent.

1 Like

Nah

I originally had 80 as my prediction but changed it to 85 when I saw the review embargo lifting three days before release which rarely if ever happens for Ubisoft games. Should have stayed with my 80 prediction. Oh well.

While I agree as I play games based on if I actually want to play them, a friend of mine goes based on critic reviews because for him, 9 out of 10 games usually ends up being right where the critics rated them. It’s actually kind of funny. Also, for him, games must hit his own personal 8.5/10 rating scale and open world games must hit a 9/10 or he will drop it and move on.

For me, I don’t care what critics give any game because it all comes down to if I actually want to play it. A lot of games that get 90+, I don’t even touch because they’re simply not for me but 70’s usually are. Mad Max/Days Gone are a 70 or so average on Open Critic but for me, they were a 9/10 and 9.5/10 (my 2019 goty) respectively.

Only thing I do now compared to the last two generations is that im done playing games that im going to rate lower than a 7/10 which I consider to be a good game. But my goal is to have every game I complete be an 8/10 or higher.

I played several games that despite being an 8/10, I would look back on and be like, did I really need to play that game and if I didn’t, would anything of value be lost? If the answer was no to both of those questions then I realized that I wasted my time. LMAO.

I also played several games that I rated 6 or 6.5 and to be perfectly honest, I can’t say that a single one of them was actually worth playing. So it all depends on each individual.

This generation, im going with a quality over quantity focus and that the games I play must be games that I believe will be at least an 8/10 for me personally. Also, im focusing more on expansions for games that im buying digitally (AC Valhalla, Immortals, etc.) because I know that I will like and enjoy these games so instead of playing games that are 50/50 at best for me, I rather play more of what I already liked and enjoyed.

Critic wise, I used to go by GamingBolt simply because their scores would line up with mine around 85% of the time but going into this generation, I decided to stop doing that and instead, just play what I truly believe will be at least an 8/10 or higher for me because it’s more about not wanting to waste my time playing games that im not going to finish when I could be playing games that I will finish.

In general though, everyone has their own outlook in regards to what they want to play.

It’s fits. The art style and setup is basically Zelda BOTW with the combat of AC Odyssey and God- like powers and abilities. For me, it’s perfect. Loved AC Odyssey and the art style/visuals was one of the very few things I enjoyed in the 20+ hours I spent playing BOTW before dropping it. I just need my Series X damn it!!!

Reviews are about as expected. I predict this game will become a cult hit and every future sales thread on any gaming forum will have people saying “buy this gem”.

Added the Deep Dive and Launch Trailers to the opening post.

I’m way more interested in this game than I thought… It looks really fun.

1 Like

I finally came to peace with my decision to wait for a sale. I believe there will be some nice deals by the end of the year!

1 Like

PS5 in Performance Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2275x1280. PS5 in Performance Mode rarely renders at a native resolution of 3840x2160.

Xbox Series X in Performance Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being 1920x1080. Xbox Series X in Performance Mode rarely renders at a native resolution of 3840x2160.

The scene at 0:46 was where the lowest resolution was found and this scene seems to render at a higher average resolution on PS5 in Performance Mode than Xbox Series X in Performance Mode. However, in other scenes the PS5 and Xbox Series X render at a similar resolution in Performance Mode, and in some cases the Xbox Series X can render at a higher resolution than PS5.

PS5 and Xbox Series X in Performance Mode use a form of temporal reconstruction to increase the resolution up to 3840x2160 when rendering natively below this resolution.

Xbox Series S in Performance Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 1920x1080 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1280x720. Xbox Series S in Perforamnce Mode uses a form of temporal reconstruction to increase the resolution up to 1920x1080 when rendering natively below this resolution.

The only resolution found on PS5 in Quality Mode was 3840x2160.

Xbox Series X in Quality Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 3328x1872. Drops in resolution below 3840x2160 on Xbox Series X in Quality Mode seem to be uncommon.

Xbox Series S in Quality Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 2560x1440 and the lowest native resolution found being 1920x1080. Xbox Series S in Quality Mode uses a form of temporal reconstruction to increase the resolution up to 2560x1440 when rendering natively below this resolution.

Same engine as other game (AC:Valhalla), so likely same settings and guidance used.

1 Like

man this game is such a shameless rip off of BOTW that it makes me not even want to support this game. i’m sure it’s decent and everything but wow fuuuuck this. there’s games that take inspiration and mechanics all the time sure, but this shit? tastless

I mean its cell shaded and takes inspiration but it plays differently. Same as Genshin and its one of the biggest money makers out.

2 Likes

First, there’s not much new under the sun. I didn’t like BOTW. I found it boring. And I’m not just saying that as a rebuttal to the above poster. But I also feel like BOTW is some sacred cow that is beyond reproach and needs to have its honor defended by its fans.

With that said, I caved last night and purchased the game, and it’s fun as shit. It reminds me of PS1 / PS2 era games like Spyro and Sly Cooper. When games were more about fun than Skinner box engagement. I’m glad I took a chance on this game - it has snapped me out of my gaming funk.

2 Likes

Yet I am enjoying this 100X more than that snorefest. Seriously guys, this is the best game I have played this year.

2 Likes

Hear hear. BOTW was a 7/10 game at best.

1 Like