If people think Zenimax games will come to PS5, why not future Ninja Theory, Obsidian, Compulsion games aswell?

We know all the salt is from their tears

5 Likes

In the long run it is far better to keep the big hitters to GP. It needs to show its value it is obvious. They didn’t spend 7.5b$ on it just to make everything multiplatform. It will show MS have true big exclusives.

Best of both world is mmo games with mtx like Fallout 76, ESO or slall games stay on PS to keep having royalties from these games.and return on investment while making the big heavy hitter the flagships of Gamepass

You want the next Elder Scrolls, Starfield, Dishonored 3, Prey sequel, Doom 3?

Welcome to Gamepass!

I feel like Xbox would want to avoid that because it’s kind of been Sony’s approach and honestly? It comes across as just arrogant and like they don’t give two pinches of goat dung about their player base.

Xbox have listened to fans of their hardware for a lot of this generation, they’ve tried to fix mistakes and introduce new things fans have suggested. I don’t see why wouldn’t they do the same for fans of their game studios.

1 Like

production-sea-salt-thailand-that-260nw-1375845185

1 Like

Yeah, it’s not guaranteed these games come to PS5 or future Playstation consoles. However, they could always play these games on xcloud or gaming pc since everybody seems to mention gaming pc when console warring. I think Microsoft is really putting themselves in a great position for having their games accessible on; Xbox, PC, and mobile.

2 Likes

1 Like

I think people are missing the paradigm shift here. Look at steam. Microsoft has launched most of its first party games on Steam and most of them have done very very well for Microsoft. They are publishing a selection of games on Switch as well.

I think we are going to see a switch in thinking towards the way Microsoft considers their surface products. They are a great way to access Microsoft’s services, but that doesn’t mean you won’t be able to use office on iPads. I think Microsoft’s dream is to get game pass on switch, on PS5, on iOS, on everything.

Microsoft are already working with Sony to use Azure. I’m sure they would love to see game pass including Halo on PS5 in the future. Putting their games on PS5 might be a Trojan horse towards this end.

The trouble is that Sony makes a lot of money from their own services. I could imagine a scenario where Microsoft agrees to put the next doom on PS5 on the condition that users log into Xbox live to play multiplayer. I could also imagine Sony saying no to this deal.

I don’t think they will. At least not after Deathloop and Ghostwire. Even TES6 and Starfield I’m going to wager being Xbox/PC

The argument I hear is that MS doesn’t want to cut off the player base from PS5 and Switch but by that logic they may as well release all of their games on all platforms. In fact Sony and Nintendo would be doing the same thing by releasing games on other platforms to reach more customers, at least Sony would.

The fact is they need content for Game Pass and to push the Xbox Ecosystem. Yes it’ll be a big blow by not having the game on PS5 to sell but you also want to get those potential PS5 owners to come to the Xbox ecosystem, if not buy a console at least subscribe to Game Pass via xCloud or PC

2 Likes

HOWEVER The only way I could see these games ever getting on the PS5 is by Game Pass being on the PS5 which, as we know, Sony isn’t too keen on integrating Xbox features onto their platform.

Makes me wonder if Microsoft would use Doom 3, TES6, Starfield, a new Fallout etc as leverage if they ever wanted to get GP onto the PS5. Doubtful but wouldn’t rule it out

Satya’s entire company culture for Microsoft has always been about going where the customers are. If Microsoft wants to still offer Bethesda games as full purchases on PS5, they may as well offer all of their games to be purchasable on the PS5 including Halo. That’s why I do not think that future Bethesda games will be on the PS5

I\m pretty sure they will be exclusive. And the reason why is xCloud. When Starfield and Doom 3, etc. are ready to go, it’ll be about 3 years from now. By then, xCloud will have a SmartTV app, it should have a PC app, it will hopefully be on iOS, it should be everywhere. SO NO ONE WILL BE LOCKED OUT FROM THESE GAMES.

Play them on Xbox console. Don’t have one, play them on PC. Don’t have one, play them on xCloud. With THREE points of access, no one is blocked from the game unless they’re really trying hard to be. And by the time Starfield comes out, the Series S will be, what, $200? Maybe even $150? “Exclusive” for Xbox means different than it does for Sony.

4 Likes

i don’t really care on which other platforms they release their future games, i only care about day one in game pass to be honest.

i already heard that today

2 Likes

I can’t imagine any scenario where Sony agrees to let Microsoft put Gamepass or any other service on Playstation. I know people are looking at the price tag and are trying to figure out how MS gets that money back, but they’re not thinking about what this deal is actually for. It’s for Gamepass, XCloud and stopping other competitors like Google from swooping in and doing exactly what MS just did.

This is a long term investment for Microsoft, and I highly doubt their primary concern is recouping costs immediately. So in essence, I agree. :smile:

1 Like

Keeping the big hitters in the Xbox ecosystem is the best long term plan plus would free devs of working on a far weaker hardware that is the ps5, and having way more ambitious game than before.

Well there is a main difference.

The other acquisitions were with individual independently owned studios. So when MS went in to negotiate their purchase, obviously things like exclusivity would come up. Some studios could have negotiated the capability to put their games on other platforms, we don’t know yet. More likely though being exclusive was part of the deal, and they were all okay with it.

In this case MS bought a large media company/publisher who owns these studios. While Zenimax likely discussed this with the studios first (maybe not?) there might be some studios unhappy with the idea of being platform exclusive. This wasn’t a case of having a sit down with a small studio. Maybe MS talked to all of the studios first? Also if MS may want to keep the publishing side intact and let them operate semi-independently which could mean they still release games on other platforms. I don’t think Bethesda developers would be happy with a bunch of employees on the publishing side getting laid off.

2 Likes

If I had my say:

Allow games that were planned to hit the 110 million+ sold PS4 consoles to reach that platform.

Do not release any, unless explicit agreements were made (Deathloop, GWT), on the PS5, which at the moment has probably around 5 million units pre-sold.

The PS4 isn’t a threat, and has one of the largest userbases to sell to. At this moment, it’s much like the Switch in how it’s not a direct competitor. People aren’t going to keep their PS+ subscription on their PS4 for the next 3 years. They will renew it when they migrate. Don’t encourage any migration.

Get them hooked on to the remaining games coming out and buy their sequels on the Series X|S consoles or PC.

2 Likes

People are still in the denial phase, that’s all.

I don’t know that I love this level of industry consolidation, but it should be expected from MS given their overall strategy. They need a ton of content to expand Game Pass to 100 million subs.

Personally, if it were up to me I’d go ahead and release Elder Scrolls or Fallout on PS5 a year late. Late and $70 vs day one for “free” would still drive plenty of people to Xbox, while netting them some nice cash from PS fanbase and minimizing resentment. But I doubt MS will do this, folks should expect full exclusives across the board except existing titles like TESO.

1 Like

MS said they didn’t plan on putting exclusives on other platforms and since then Ori WoTW and Cuphead on PS4 were the only exceptions because Moon and MDHR wanted it, and probably because first ori was already on Switch and because Cuphead was already on Switch.

My guess is and this is purely a guess, existing contracts will be honoured and outside Elder Scrolls Online, PlayStation will be cut out of the loop and and Switch will get games where it makes sense/is logistically possible.

7 Likes

It can only really shake out 3 ways.

1. Exclusive to Xbox/GP, so no chance of getting the games on PS or
  2. Available to buy on PS but day 1 on GP is a terrible relative value proposition but frankly it’s the best they can hope for, and MS gets the sales and the GP or, I guess
  3. Sony lets GP onto PS and the world collapses the following day