If people think Zenimax games will come to PS5, why not future Ninja Theory, Obsidian, Compulsion games aswell?

I mean if they are going to put future Bethesda games in PS5 why not hellblade 2, avowed and others?

3 Likes

I was going to say the same thing in another thread lol. It is certainly true, so Microsoft is not 100% committed releasing games onto other platforms apart from PC.

3 Likes

They didn’t pay 7.5 billion not to make a return on the investment. That is the line of thinking. I am not sure what they are going to do. I DO know that I have no reason to leave GP ever at this point. My jam is WRPGs and they have that market on lock down.

1 Like

Which is why the logic of thinking ms will put future zenimax games on pe5 makes no sense.

I mean if its about money why not put halo infinite on ps4?

It makes no sense this theory.

7 Likes

In my opinion the absolute best outcome PlayStation fans can hope for is a game like Elder Scrolls releasing on PS5 like a year later.

The best outcome is to come to XBOX!

1 Like

Lol. That’s true. Microsoft has a nice, inexpensive, little console for them.

1 Like

You can’t beat that lol

Yeah, I think there’s a lot of “wishful thinking” going on right now. It’s the denial phase. :smile:

3 Likes

Ive got a good business instinct, and its not just that the numbers also show that zenimax games are far more valuable being xbox platform exclusive. By being exclusive gamepass is the best option to play these games which will attracked millions and millions of people to sign up for gamepass and buy xbox hardware.

1 Like

That is the beauty of this deal.

Even if Starfield is day and date released on Xbox and PS5, it will be free on Gamepass on one platform… Sony cannot compete with that.

I think the FOMO of Bethesda titles is HUGE. Doom, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Starfield, Dishonored, and Prey are not obligated to come the PS5 . It’s massive.

5 Likes

Yep history showed us MORROWIND and OBLIVION 2 big exclusive sold gangbusters on Xbox and are associated with Xbox. The history is repeating itself!

Look at how people are agressive in their demands to keep the big games multiplatform while bragging about having timed exclusives. They taste their own medicine.

:reggie:

2 Likes

They are in denial, it’s ok though because everyone of them has a super-PC right? Right? guys?

13 Likes

Who thinks this? People took Todd Howards words out of context, Phil said it would be case by case. They didn’t drop 7 billion on Zeni to make PS5 games

4 Likes

I think with Xbox/Phil’s message of “Everyone should be able to play games together”, they would still want to put out huge franchise games like Elder Scrolls VI and Fallout on every available platform. Having them exclusive would really alienate a big chunk of the player bases and anger a lot of people. That said, I can totally see them incentivising players to choose Xbox/PC over other platforms by simply having the Elder Scrolls VI and Fallout 5/New Vegas 2/whatever available on Game Pass, day one.

It’s the less slimy version of Sony’s timed exclusives IMO.

1 Like

I hear this a lot but at the end of the day they didn’t drop billions to make multiplatform games, let people be angry, if they want to play the games they have several avenues to do so.

9 Likes

Agree 100% Everyone leaps to the Minecraft example, but that was already a super well established franchise on PSX consoles. If the argument then shifts to ‘well they don’t wanna leave cash on the table’, by that logic there would never be anything but fully multiplatform Xbox/PS5/PC/Switch games and exclusivity of any form would not be a thing. But it is a thing, because games are published, money hatted, studios bought, etc. towards a broader market strategy. So yeah, it really doesn’t make rational sense to me.

To me, sounds more like they want to make Game Pass and the hardware it runs on almost a ‘have to own’ gaming necessity. You can argue this move accomplishes this while still releasing on PS5 for $70. I tend to think making the games exclusive would grow the platforms more and net more $$$ in the longer run probably.

2 Likes

Oh man when they confirm Elder Scrolls 6 and Fallout 5 as Xbox console exclusives, the internet is going to be a bloodbath.

3 Likes

We will hear “Bethesda sucked anyways.”

3 Likes