If people think Zenimax games will come to PS5, why not future Ninja Theory, Obsidian, Compulsion games aswell?

Its also important to remember that xcloud is coming to TVs and I would not be surprised if theres some ultra low cost xbox dongle, so the price of entry for PlayStation owners is very low.

4 Likes

Im honestly surprised at how Phil kept it together when people grilled him about Lockhart.

3 Likes

Just saw a video of someone discussing Todd Howard’s comments on the engine overhaul. This person also said it wouldn’t make any sense for Xbox to keep huge franchises like TES Xbox exclusive. How does it not make sense when Xbox really wants as many people on GP as possible?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/vicious696/status/1308085091399168007?s=19

This is what Parris said as well - I knew he would be a sensible one on this. Microsoft didn’t buy Bethesda to make money selling games, they bought it to sell Game Pass and I don’t see how putting it on PS5 helps that: Selling 5 million more Game Pass subscriptions is worth more to Microsoft than selling 10 million copies of Elder Scrolls for example.

As I have said previously, at best PS5 owners will get to play games like Elder Scrolls a year or two down the line, but if people are expecting day and date with Xbox and PC they are going to be disappointed.

Exactly!

Just take this comment I just received for example, on Twitter.

"Fallout, The Elder Scrolls and DOOM are much bigger franchises compared to anything Obsidian has made themselves, same goes for Ninja Theory, they can get away with making them exclusive.

Making Bethesda games exclusive would make many people mad."

They can get away with making them exclusive this person says, but Bethesda games would make people mad.

So?

Dude says they would make more money by releasing it on all systems. But I wonder about that.

If it causes that reaction in people then isn’t that more reason to keep it exclusive, so the carrot is always dangled to tempt people to buy into the ecosystem?

In a ideal world I would love the games to continue to release on PlayStation so more people can play them as long as they come into Game Pass. However, we don’t and Microsoft has a business at the end of the day and is trying to drive Game Pass subscriptions and it’s their IPs now.

Exactly. If someone is fan enough of these games they will set aside their…i guess…pride and buy that Xbox. Or if they hate Xbox that much just build a PC and get Game Pass. Done.

The guy says MS would make more money if they bring all the games to all systems. But I don’t think that’s really true. People that otherwise would consider GP or Xbox now stay with PS because these amazing titles will come anyway.

I really like Alanah Pearce but I just watched her video about Xbox’s acquisition of Bethesda and she sort of completely encapsulates what I’m saying is wrong.

She starts off by saying she hopes they don’t make games exclusives because exclusives are bad for the industry. Then says how hyped she is that Deathloop is staying PS5 timed exclusive and will be playing on the PS5…

So…Somy exclusive…lemme buy a PS5 to play it super stoked…Xbox buy the studios…please don’t stop PS5 players from playing the games…

It’s so so messed up. Be against exclusives - that’s a very reasonable place to be. But stop praising Sony for exclusives and saying how stoked you are to play their games on the PS5 whilst simultaneously telling us how bad Xbox doing the same thing is…

Rant over.

5 Likes

Da fuck, seriously? I didn’t expect that from her. That’s incredibly odd. The timed exclusive deal is trash and it would have been great if that deal was gone so that we all can enjoy Deathloop and Ghostwire.

3 Likes

I dont think she implied that deathloop being on ps5 is a good thing, just that shes mentioning that she will play deathloop on ps5.

1 Like

Her too? Another one bites the dust…

2 Likes

But neither did she say that game being a timed exclusive is bad. Just how stoked she was to play it and on PS5. She did imply she was glad that deal was still in place and that MS would honour it…

2 Likes

She did not state any opinion on its exclusivity, she just said its becoming her most hyped next gen game and shes getting it on PS5. And being silent does not indicate a opinion in either direction.

1 Like

Pretty much. The Series S does exist, as well as an AA plan. I would like to also tell those people that it is ok to own more than one console; Jim Ryan is not going to shout at you lol. I mean I plan to pick up a PS5 in about 2-3 years time because I like some of Sony’s games.

In the short term yes, but in the long run probably not in terms of making money.

1 Like

Yes they would.

But Netflix don’t spend 17 billion a Year to put more content on HBO or Disney+

And Microsoft wants Game Pass to be the netflix of gaming, they’re not gonna do it putting these huge assets on their competition platform

1 Like

These people are in for a ROUGH awakening

3 Likes

Lol. It makes me mad that I can’t play Street Fighter and Persona on Xbox. So F’n what?

5 Likes

A vocal minority will be mad, as usual but I tend to find those types for some bizarre reason can only play on playstation. So what’s the point of trying to placate them?

I want to play some Sony games so I’ll be buying a PS5 at some point. They’ll have to enter the MS ecosystem if they really want to play some of these games.

The message this has sent to the more casual user is much more interesting I’m seeing friends and acquaintances who jumped to PS4 last gen jumping back. Lots of them have secured Xboxes and they’re only buying 1 console for now.

6 Likes

MS buy Bethesda to increase the number of gamepass suscriber.

How you can increase the number of gamepass suscriber if you release your game on PS ? 14 of the 15 XGS (without Bethesda) release their game only on Xbox/PC because they want you in the ecosystem.

MS don’t want 40-50€ for a game from PS user, they want them to switch to Xbox and ask them 10€/month to play Bethesda game

4 Likes

Nevermind that, how about Fall Guys? Perfect example.

I saw that Fall Guys was on PS+ on Day 1. Wow, cool. I download it, but I know I can’t play it because my Dualshock 4 is the first make and model, which has dpad issues that I need to open up the controller and fix.

But then I look at gameplay and decide that yknow what, I’ll buy the game on my Xbox. It looks that good.

I find out that not only was it made free on PS+ but Sony also made it console exclusive.

Ok fine, this is how it is in today’s industry.

Fast forward to yesterday and people are hoping that Zenimax games are free on Gamepass but sold on PlayStation? What?

This is a bed that Sony made.

Sony did this back in 1998/1999 when they bought exclusivity from EA so that the Dreamcast would not get even one title from EA. This was a huge factor in people skipping the DC to get a PS2 in North America and Europe.

No limited time 1 year exclusive, no exclusivity tied to one or two titles… It resulted in zero EA games from ever hitting the Dreamcast in its entire lifespan.

And it worked. So a precedent has been set.

Were these games journalists born in the 2000s? How come we’re not seeing any comparisons made there?

5 Likes