"ID@Xbox and @Twitch will feature exciting games from independent developers during the /ID@Xbox Showcase on Wednesday, March 16."

Really excited for this! 2022 looks like a really strong year for Xbox in terms of indie releases.

1 Like

NO NOT LIKE THIS is a perfect motto for that segment of the fanbase.

2 Likes

I hate watching videos and especially hate watching things live, so I’m definitely not the target audience for this. I would love if they did a Nintendo-style brief little video to accompany each GP drop, showing off some gameplay and having a VO that describes the game somewhat. As it stands now, I skim the image and usually just make a mental note if anything grabs me.

It would probably up my engagement if I had a clearer idea of what these games were. I didn’t know anything about Young Souls until I happened to see @Doncabesa’s review, and I feel like they could really take advantage of the format. Something like separating out the individual segments for each game and then listing them in appropriate playlists like “couch co-op” or “rogue-like”. It would also probably cut down on the general “is there anything on GP my kids would like” or “any couch co-op games that are good?”

1 Like

Yeah, I never tought about this before, I mean it still sucks to me, but the streaming is made for Twitch watchers and not for myself.

I think I’ll just wait for the short YouTube video they post later after the stream, I think they did it last time.

2 Likes

@SoulBlazerz and I will be co-streaming this starting up in roughly 40 minutes.

2 Likes

Do we have any indications how long the stream will be?

It is Twitch so at least 2 hours I guess lol

I hope not! Wish they would streamline it a bit more and make it like 50 minutes. Some trailers, quick chat and you’ll have a cool event.

it’s a twitch hosted event featuring id@xbox games, twitch’s audience wants longform content so they normally go at least 2 hours with things.

1 Like

I think after the stream, they will upload separate videos for the games (like they did last time)

1 Like

Andrea Rene

Not sure where you guys are watching at, but IGN version is frame dropping. I thought it was in general, but it’s smoother elsewhere.

Tunic shadow drop into GamePass

15 Likes

Im going to play this Immortality game. I have a soft spot for FMV games growing up playing PC stuff like 7th Guest and Phantasmagoria. I enjoyed Her Story and own Telling Lies but havent played it yet.

2 Likes

Knew it

i like the format this time.

Chinatown Detective Agency looked like its from Wadjet Eye or inspired by it. I’m intrigued.

Telling Lies was quite good, i liked Her Story a bit better. Immortality looks interesting enough, will try it out.

1 Like

The games they show actually look interesting but can someone explain to me why there needs to be two 3 minute breaks in 40 minutes of streaming?

I played the demo for this before, and I did get much of that magical video game vibes that many of the reviews are saying. You should check this one out for sure.

Yoooooo…