"ID@Xbox and @Twitch will feature exciting games from independent developers during the /ID@Xbox Showcase on Wednesday, March 16."

Viewership has been fine, the normal Twitch audience eats up 5+ hour-long streams from people all the time.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed the last super long one because I missed it and found a post on here with a list of games and a bunch of them caught my eye.

Yeah, Twitch is a different world

Really wish they would stop partnering with twitch with these. The format has always been crap that runs far too long with horrible pacing and too much of a focus on “influencers” :face_vomiting:. Worse thing is any momentum or excitement driven by what’s shown is severely hampered by all the fluff they throw in between trailers.

I’ll watch the trailers once it’s done, looking forward to what they show.

2 Likes

I think these events are for Twitch community mainly

1 Like

And that in itself is a mistake if that’s the intention. Why limit your show to the audience of one platform instead of trying to reach as many people as possible with an actual quality show on multiple platforms? It’s just a bad format and for whatever reason they choose to stick with it even though plenty of people expressed how bad it was the last time they did this

They’re sticking with it because it’s been successful for them. Twitch is primarily long-format streams, and it’s one of the biggest things on the internet. I get not being into them, but they’re not going to change these id@xbox shows up until people stop watching them. (which isn’t happening).

I do think a more “trailer after trailer” type show is in the future as more and more 1st party stuff starts hitting.

Would be nice if they did something different so they had something to compare it to. Even if it’s successful for them, it’s still a bad format. When you have people expressing on Twitter how they can’t sit through these shows, they should get the hint.

I guess my point is no matter what success they might find, it could be better. Who knows, maybe this one will be better, I hope it is.

Give me gamepass and Im happy.

1 Like

“Hardcore” gamers once again not understanding twitch streaming culture.

2 Likes

Don’t know if this is an impossible thing for Xbox or not? But it would be more professional to fit all the content in like 20 mins high value presentation before the stream, then people who likes to spend 5 hrs with Twitch culture, stay.

I can’t remember where it was said but the whole reason why the Inside Xbox was structured the way it was for casual audiences that didn’t know what E3 was. That’s why they had hosts and it was structured differently as it was suppose to be a more relaxed casual thing not some small E3 but people couldn’t really separate the two.

The casual market probably loved it but the hardcore lost their shit and are loud online so they were probably like wtf do we do.

1 Like

Xbox Fans: Talk to us more often about games

Xbox: Here is a presentation about upcoming indies!

Xbox Fans: NO NOT LIKE THIS!

5 Likes

These presentations are terrible, people want a good format like the Direct one.

2 Likes

Then don’t watch it. Maybe, just maybe, this sort of thing isn’t meant for you. Providing an outlet for indie devs to actually showcase their game is nothing but a good thing and clearly the format was successful enough that they are continuing to do it. So, get over it.

1 Like

I won’t, just saying that these isn’t what people are clamoring for, obviously.

This isn’t even a good outlet for those games, since they put more time for influencers talking than anything else.

The format is “successful” because it’s the only one they ever tried for those indies lol. It has to work at some extent, but it’s far from the best thing they can do.

I love this. Idk why some dislike it

1 Like

I haven’t watched one of these Twitch streams in the past, but in general I much prefer shows that has a lot of additional content aside from being giant trailerfests. So the way some of you guys are describing this, actually sounds kinda good to me.

If I recall correctly, last summer they had a big trailerfest E3 showcase, followed the next day (or so) by more of a conversational presentation hosted by Parris Lilly. If I could only watch one of those live, I’d pick the Parris one every time. I find that kind of thing much more entertaining than a barrage of trailers.

I like hearing from devs and other people involved in the creation of games. I like hearing hosts and others discuss gameplay or trailers. I find those kinds of shows both interesting and entertaining, whereas trailer after trailer gets boring pretty quickly.

Don’t get me wrong, I like seeing trailers too, especially when it’s something unexpected, but by and large I don’t mind seeking those out on my own after the event.

Me too (regarding the E3 post show) but the Twitch one is really bad

The last one was like 4 hours, you couldn’t watch the whole thing if you wanted.

2 Likes

the first one was 3 hours and slower paced, the second one was shorter and faster paced.

5 Likes