How's it going? |OT|

I’m doing alright, yourself?

1 Like

I’m doing very well myself. Did almost fall out of a canoe today. But that’s life.

1 Like

Pretty good actually. A decent moment in my life. XboxEra is a dope project and private life is in a good moment. Work’s not the best it’s been but it’s stable, so I can live with that.

2 Likes

Where’s the poll?

Eh. Ill and locked inside waiting for COVID test results. Worst thing of it is I haven’t got a bathroom yet, was meant to have the tiler along tomorrow to finish the job, and he’s been postponed until we know whether this is just a cold or not.

If it’s positive and we have to isolate for 14 days…with no bathroom? And 2 kids? And hopefully not die of COVID? Gonna be a pretty sucky time.

1 Like

Been in lockdown of some fashion effectively since March.

Barely had a break from the kids in that time. I was always a home body but even I miss the odd restaurant trip here and there.

1 Like

I’m good. Thinking of things for my diet.

I’m alright. slept at 3.40 last night so feeling pretty groggy at work today. Just wanna get done with it

Work from home for the last 6 months. Work Life and Home Life is all blurred.

I am actually burning out very very fast.

I am doing ok. Sorry to hear of the wait for results @Sikamikanico and I feel for you and everyone else here in stages of lockdown.

The burnout is tough to manage. You can take the irritating advice of the people and try a new hobby but i find that to be a waste of time. Mental health breaks are hard to work out in a reduced space where you can’t get out of the house.

I will say that I am doing well. Up here in Brisbane, we have state line lockdown to stop covid spreading and @Aetain is working from home so she is happy as can be. She gets to work in the home office with the puppies and kittens around her.

I am finding it tough hearing from businesses and friends that are shutting down or having hours cut due to lack of work or demand of their skills. My luck is that my work is in the (mostly recession proof) security industry so we are busy working on tender submissions and general sales.

1 Like

It’s nice to see a thread like this.

All things considered this year it’s alright. Personally I haven’t catches covid yet and i try my best to avoid it. But a good friend of mine and his wife have it, it’s like a very heavy fever for them they said. Hopefully it improves soon for them.

A friend of a friend though has passed away from it. He was 48, from what I heard was healthy, only slightly overweight. Horrible. Then I think about some of my other friends who don’t take this situation seriously enough, still visit eachother while one of them may have had it. And then they post these conspiracy theory things online about it…I’m not down with it.

In August this year my stepfather passed away after a fight with prostate cancer that he found out about in the first quarter of 2018, but by then it had already spread. As if 2018 didn’t start off horribly enough when my mother passed away totally out of the blue. Lots of things happening in a relatively short time.

At the end of the day I always have my amazing dog I can count on, always cheerful, never moody, a huge support. But one thing is for sure, except for my great dog, soon to release Xbox it has been a shit year and many, many people can say the same thing.

Here’s to 2021, hoping the situation overall will improve drastically.

1 Like

Rough week, passing a kidney stone and got rejected from some jobs I applied to.

Sorry to hear that my friend, been through kidney stone bouts three times, never fun. I’m sorry you’re having a hard time with the job search. What’s your field?

Damn, that sucks.

I’m trying to get a job as a data/business analyst, or similar.

Do you want to DM me? Depending on where you’re at, I might know of something.

Sure, I really appreciate that.

1 Like

Pretty damn good, just bought a house, got a promotion, and reserved a 2021 Bronco

I’m happy for and yo please share pictures of your bronco. That’s how you make a comeback car. Not how they handled the mustang and the blazer

Thanks! I’ll definitely be sure to take some pictures when my wife and I finally get it, they’re estimating deliveries going all the way in to 2022 though so it may be awhile lol they did an incredible job with it though, can’t wait to finally get it

make a thread for car pictures if you’d like. I’d be ok sharing pictures of my '09 Civic. lol