How Should Xbox Marketing Capitalize on Sony's Messaging Issues?

I felt the show was really solid, just that the visuals didn’t impress me on really anything. For their platform strategy, I thought their show was good ‘on paper’ but not as exciting in execution. But then the entire platform strategy came crashing down when the other ‘clarifications’ showed up.

2 Likes

I thought the whole thing was that Sony believes in ‘generations’, so why is the Spiderman game and Horizon coming to PS4? Seems very hypocritical and undermining of their own messaging. $70 price for games doesn’t help either.

Honestly, I think MS coming out and saying our first party games will still be $60 is a mic drop moment right now. People are really pissed about the price hike, and this could be a great opportunity for them to entice some of sony’s hardcore fans into their ecosystem. Just hope they don’t stay silent.

1 Like

Announce all first party games will be 60 or under this entire gen in addition to GP, also have much better communication with pre orders.

1 Like

All your next—generation games for just $10/ month

I’d like to see them do a poll asking “Do you want to pay $70 for our next gen XGS games?”…and when everyone says NO, then tomorrow come out and confirmed $60.

1 Like

Not all of them though. Only GP games.

3 Likes

lots of wailing, gnashing of teeth and rending of garments on this one about Sony’s violation of ‘we believe in generations’. It’s a bit funny.

2 Likes

Just surprised that they waited as if people weren’t going to ask the obvious questions. You know, MS has had to get out in front of their errors and own them.

1 Like

1- $60 games 2- free online 3- XSS $249 XSX $449

1 Like

Lmao on other forums Jim Ryan is called the new Don Mattrick :rofl:.

I’m dead please stop, I can’t continue anymore, my sides…

I have other suggestions. MS should really force pubs to price digital games 39,99 and physical 59,99. It could be a bloodbath with such a move.

1 Like

XBox All Access $25 or $35 is looking like an insane deal right now. The only fly in the ointment is CP 2077 won’t be on Game Pass.

2 Likes

MS would be insane to price their 1st party AAAs at $70 now. Keep it at $60 and be the ‘good guy’.

3 Likes

Yes don’t follow them in this rabbit hole

I’m hoping MS moneyhats that for GP launch on XSS/XSX. Hoping that is what the ‘huge sums of $$$ MS was spending’ chatter from Grubb referred to last week.

1 Like

That is a good way to piss off publishers hardcore. Maybe better could be for MS to tell 2K or whomever is doing $70 next gen games that they have to be $60 and MS can give up all/some of their royalty in exchange.

1 Like

For their sake yes they could do that. Cause a digital game priced the same as a physical is always unfair to me no matter the work behind.

I don’t really wanna venture over there, what are they mad about?

1 Like