How far are we from Forza Horizon 5?

I always thought that Forza Horizon 5 would be a launch title but since it’s obviously not, I’ll say late September 2021 with it being shown next May/June as im pretty sure that Playground Games has always shown the game at E3 with it being released three months later. This would be my guess.

I’m not sure about how that really works out in a sim. Lap times and the speed of the cars are tied to real life time and distances. That means if a lap takes 6min to complete on the Ring, I’d imagine you’d want it to take a real 6min. If you want to complete a 24hr race in 4hrs, you’d have to make a 6min lap in the game pass by in 1 min in real life. How do you do that?

I expect it to be a fall 2021 or 2022 title. It solely depends on where they wanna place it in relation to motorsport. The horizon games have also usually had pretty short reveal to release schedules usually being announced at e3 and releasing the following September so who knows how far out.

I think we could potentially see a shadow dropped expansion or spin off of sorts within the next year. I wouldn’t even be shocked if it was ready for launch of the Series X. I think 2022 is when we see Forza Horizon Japan.

1 Like

I would say far from the Horizon…

DeadUnfitGemsbok-size_restricted

1 Like

If motorsport launches in 2021 we have horizon 5 in 2022.

I was hoping for a new FH4 expansion this year, I want London with Hot Wheels tracks around the city dammit!!

I think there is 0 chance of 2021, considering Motorsport may not even be 2021. If Horizon was further along they would have shown it instead.

I am hoping for a fall 2021 (it’d probably be light on content but frequently updated ) Forza Motorsport with a full fledged Horizon in 2022. Could easily shift a year to the right though.

Microsoft don’t want to rush their games anymore, so I think Horizon 5 will launch in 2022.

I think Avowed is 2022, Fable 2023 and Inxile RPG 2024.

1 Like

I want them to go more down need for speed route with a huge focus on customising cars. I’m shocked they haven’t really done that yet considering need for speed games have been shit. They have the world and car handling down pretty much perfect imo. Imagine the neon lights in rain puddles and under glow on the XSX with RT and HDR on a OLED.

Setting it in Japan would go well with deeper customising.

2 Likes

I will say 2022-2023

I prefer 2023 let them take their time with this one

If they do this then Xbox team learned nothing, they did it with sea of thieves and Halo 5.

1 Like

I think late 2021 or early 2022. Playground should’ve been working on perhaps a 3rd map expansion (Those bridges up North need to be driven on!) just to have “something” when Series X releases otherwise they can continue the monthly Festival playlists for more cars.

Even though Forza Motorsport is listed as Early in Development, I think it doesn’t miss 2021. This puts Horizon 5 in 2022 since they will likely be using the same tech.

It all depends on Forza Motorsport. If it launches on 2021, then maybe we can expect Horizon 5 by the end of 2022.

Since the Forza games have a 4 years life span, if it doesn’t launch by 2022, we may be looking at a brief period of time where no Forza Horizon games are being supported.

I am not expecting a GaaS game to launch with the content of one of the full games, but i guess we’ll see. Might depend on if the existing assets are high fidelity enough to reuse or if it all needs to be recreated. I think GT Sport had that issue.

1 Like

My current guess is Motorsport in fall 2021 and Horizon in Summer 2022

I expect it be one year after whenever Forza Motorsport ends up coming out. So if that is Fall 2021, I expect Horizon in Fall 2022.

The Forza franchise is my primary reason to stick with Xbox. I have full trust in Playground going forward. Hoping that they take their time with Horizon 5 and end up delivering a huge revolution for the series. Meanwhile, content is still being added to Horizon 4 for the time being.