Has MS already bought Asobo?

Yeah that’s what I think, so far as far as we know besides Halo Infinite there really won’t be another big AAA exclusive next year, Forza Horizon 5 could fill that void but not like something like Starfield could, which makes me wonder if Halo had been released this year what was Xbox going to have next year. Halo will be huge but I feel like Xbox needs something else besides Halo and the perfect game would be Starfield.

I feel like MS would want Halo to stand on its own, so Forza Horizon 5 would be a perfect game to stand by Halo’s side or something like State Of Decay 3 (I don’t think it’s a 2021 title though) Starfield is too big to do that.

I would say they want to spread their amazing big AAA games over a few years not all in 1 year considering how long it takes to make them. Let’s also be honest most people would be playing Halo so releasing another big game next to it would be silly.

I could for sure see Halo in sep>nov 2021 and maybe Starfield March>May 2022 if it’s ready for 2021 but they want to give Halo space. Starfield might even be the 2021 sep>nov title, probably more likely that scenario tbh.

Phil has come out and said during this launch line up that they don’t feel the need to stack up the launch line up so the games step on each other (bet he regrets that now with the Halo delay lol) I do think this would continue not just for the launch line up. This is going to be the juggling act for MS once they start pumping out a lot of games, slotting them into the right parts of the year is going to be crucial and lining up each game.

You can’t have 2 AAA big titles one year then have 0 AAA big titles the next year is pretty much what I’m getting at, better off to have something to look forward to the next year. In future we will have multiple AAA games in a single year because the sheer amount of studios they have but right now I think it’s a bit early to start doing that.

I think the best thing to do is probably launch big 100+ hour RPGs early in the year to give people time to actually finish them haha then release stuff like Halo later in sep>nov.

1 Like

I’m expecting Wolfenstein III in June/July, Flight Sim in August, Forza Horizon 5 in September and Halo Infinite on November 5th or 12th. 2022 wise, I see Starfield in March with Hellblade 2 in June and Forza Motorsport in late September. First half of 2021 will be Psychonauts 2, Bright Memory Infinite, The Ascent, The Medium, Crossfire X (MP & SP), MechWarrior 5 and Warhammer: Darktide.

1 Like

I think you’re correct and I agree, they should spread out their releases and yeah I don’t see them releasing another big game next to Halo Infinite lol, so just as I remembered another Bethesda game that could potentially be in the works for next year, peter42O mentions it (Wolfenstein 3) that one could be the game that they release before Halo Infinite, could be a nice 2021 games show surprise reveal like I believe the last one was revealed at E3 of the year it released, it could be a July/August game before they release Halo on September/November.

Yeah that would be a good one to release same year as Halo, not huge to steal the spotlight but still a pretty big/decent game :slight_smile:

1 Like

You surly can have two big games in one year! Maybe every two or three month. However not in the same month. post 2021 I don’t think there is any reason to fear a shortage of any games.

Halo is huge, but it’s also free to play. The campaign is not.

Yeah you can for sure, but we haven’t heard of any games big games coming out in the next 6 months so unless it’s a stealth drop I can’t really see anything hitting in the first 6 months of 2021 that would be considered big. Not only that there hasn’t been any marketing for one either and if it was early 2021 they would’ve started it by now.

I can’t see them release 2 big games close together otherwise they’ll get a Battlefield / Titanfall situation. I’m not saying you can’t have 2 big games a year, just that you can’t put them close together. If they launched Halo Infinite a month or even 2 before another AAA game no one would play the other game, well at least it would have a significantly less launch because everyone is playing Halo haha. The is prime example of many games leaving the Cyberpunk window, they knew people would be too busy playing it and forget about their game.

Yeah post 2021 will be a waterfall of games and this is when I think MS will start to get a good idea at their cadence for games. It really depends on the type of games too, a big AAA RPG is going to be bigger than something like State of Decay or Recore. 2 AAA 100hr RPGs in 1 year would have to be split up one in March and the other in September - November then you sprinkle a bunch of smaller games in between.

I guess it’s going to come to the point where MS is just going to release games at any pace because if Game Pass continutes to get crazy numbers on all different platforms they will have to release all different types of games in a year to keep people subbed.

Ehh yeah we won’t see Halo and Starfield in the same month. But two month between is more than enough. TITANFALL 2 was sandwiched by Call of Duty AND Battlefield in the same month.

If Playstation can bring FF7 remake in April, TLOU2 would’ve been in May and, GOT in July. I don’t see why xbox couldn’t do it as well. All of these games are not short.

1 Like

You’re missing the point, we’re talking about an RPG that could take 100 hours to complete and a MP game that people could play for hundreds of hours, it’s a little different to a story driven game that’s like 20-30 hours. My whole point about this entire thing is time, not enough time for people to play and complete the game before the next one hits. If they released for example The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077 and a game like Fortnite BR in the same span of FF7, TLOU2 and GOT that would be nuts.

Releasing Starfield and Halo within a month or two of each other would be stupid, both games could own the marketing for the entire holiday period why would you waste the potential and have them going head to head.

Halo is not a “long” game. Halo is something completely different to Starfield. One is a action packed shooter and the other a big rpg.

Also FF7 ist a RPG as well, so is Ghost of Tushima in a way. People tend to have a big massive game and one multiplayer go to game alongside. Halo won’t take all your time, this is totally different.

Regardless long hype marketing trains are also less and less prominent. See Call of Duty.

You’re missing my point lol Halo is 100% a long game, people play the MP for years and people still play Halo 5 MP to this day. I’m not talking about the length of the campaign I’m talking about the MP. I’m not saying Halo is going to steal fans of the RPG game, I’m saying fans might rather play Halo instead of picking up the new RPG game because they’re already playing Halo. It’s why I’m saying you need to launch them seperate when people aren’t occupied with one or the other.

I know not everyone will want both or like one over the other but I think we can say a majority of the Xbox fan base would rather play Halo when it releases than Starfield, if Halo is obviously good. It’s what happened with Halo and Cyberpunk 2077 for me I was stuck between the two and I was going to skip Cyberpunk 2077 for the time being and play Halo (lol that would’ve been a good thing) but Halo got delayed so I was lucky that I didn’t have to choose anymore.

Did you miss the Cyberpunk 2077 marketing :stuck_out_tongue: that was good and bad for them haha.

Hey Mates i really Hope they’ve already bought Asobo

1 Like

About to start A Plague’s Tale shortly. Hoping it is as good as others say it is!

@TavishHill

I loved it ! It’s kind of a slow game with a lot of walking, the gameplay is not very complex, but the atmosphere, characters and overall mystery is really gripping.

1 Like

I usually like those kinda games tbh.

1 Like

So we still don’t know what Asobo was teasing on Instagram? Ummm…

A Plague Tale: Innocence was a great 8.5/10 game for me and I normally don’t play “slow paced” games like this but man, it was damn great. It was my 6th best game of 2019 out of 15 completed games and I ranked it #21 for the PS4/Xbox One generation out of 100 completed games. It’s my #1 ranked game out of all the 8.5/10 games I rated which was a total of 32 completed games. Hope that you enjoy it as much as I did. Also, I ended up renting it from GameFly and it was one of the two games I regretted not buying day one. The other was Vampyr.

1 Like

Did you knew all those numbers from your head or do you use any web site to keep track of that?

1 Like

Those are my own personal ratings and rankings in which I have saved on wordpad documents and/or spreadsheets. I keep track of a lot of shit. lmao.

1 Like