Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

Yeah the UI is dogbutt,. The sooner shooers move away from the playlist system and just use Match Composer the better.

New Halo tabletop coming later this year.

On the 12th Day of Xmas: Special Announcement - Mantic Games

1 Like

https://x.com/delta_ae/status/1748316732157219052?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

1 Like

Those look cool as fuck!

5 Likes

January update seems big. New dev map, covenant forge kits and econ adjustments, what sounds like more BTB and Squad Battle mapsetc

• Cross Core Shoulders
  • Dev Map, Symmetrical
  • Halo: CE Assault Rifle skin, there may be classic skins for pickups on the symmetrical map
  • Mark IV armor is a free armor core
  • Easy Anti-Cheat for Infinite
  • Match Composer
  • Spartan Points esque system to earn content missed from previous Operations (which are what events are called now)
3 Likes

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1748444059109101613?s=20

5 Likes

btw, Iā€™m not worried at all by them moving away from seasons and more to a MCC model, since they updated that game for years and added a ton of insane content to that game using the ā€œcontent updatesā€ model.

I do hope they complete my dream and add a GEN 2 armor core, a forerunner armor core, and a ancient human armor core.

2 Likes

I think Xbox buying ABK has relieved a lot of pressure for Halo to be the ā€œeverythingā€ FPS for Xbox (Campaign with co-op, PVP, PVE, Forge, planned Battle Royale, you name it).

My hope is that the next Halo game would follow the path of Doom and focus 90% on campaign, as Halo no longer has to directly compete with Call of Duty (PVP), Call of Duty: Warzone (Battle Royale) and Overwatch (Competitive PVP).

If I were in charge, Iā€™d focus on an old school linear campaign (with online co-op) and the multiplayer would be built around Forge.

Better to do fewer things very well than try to tick every box at this point.

4 Likes

Yeah classic halo. Linear but sandboxy combat. Throw some action set pieces in there and youā€™re good. Also, I still need that flood horror halo spin off.

1 Like

Eh I actually liked the open world aspect with linear campaign mission portals that infinite had. I would like for them to expand on itā€¦ But a good campaign story is a must.

2 Likes

I would have been much more pleased with open world concept if it had different biomes. Give me a forest, swamp, sand, and snow area of the ring and now weā€™re talking.

1 Like

Fully agreeā€¦ You can make it have story sense as well since you are on a broken ringā€¦ Biomes donā€™t need to make sense ie snow biome near a desert biome eitherā€¦

1 Like

I feel like at this stage the biggest problem with Halo is the sheer amount of feature bloat demanded by fans. I donā€™t think there is a game out there expected to launch with the lenghty list of features Halo is - and if it was some huge Call of Duty scale megahit with the resources to match it might be fine, but itā€™s not.

I think we could eventually hit a point where they have to bite the bullet and cut things back and make a more standard scale of game that focuses more on the campaign. Though I imagine losing Forge would be part of that.

Just keep Infinite MP around, relaunch it with the next game or whatever. Throwing away mp with every new title seems like an antiquated concept. Focus on the sp and put the ressources in that.

1 Like

Cool new map.

1 Like

Yeah at this point keep infinite live service for multiplayer.

There is no reason I can fathom bundling campaign and multiplayer for any game that has a big multiplayer componentā€¦ if you have skin dlc and heavy competitive focusā€¦ it makes the most sense to decouple and make money on skins.

1 Like

I agree that they should keep infinite going for the next few years but not in the long, long term

The next Halo is still probably at least 3 years away, if not much more than that, Infinite isnā€™t going to survive that long, itā€™s not going to have a big comeback and will stay at the respectable amount of players it currently has but I doubt thatā€™s anywhere near what MS want from a series like Halo with a huge budget

1 Like

I agree, for the time a new Halo game will be ready, Halo Infinite will be at least 5-6 years old (if not more), I wouldnā€™t see the reason to keep updating it and we are not talking about a global phenomenon like Minecraft, in which case it makes perfect sense. I mean, MS most likely will ship a new Forza Horizon well before a new Halo, and FH5 is more successfull than HI (released almost concurrenty in fall 2021).

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1750301838094499997?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ