Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

https://twitter.com/halodotapi/status/1690192675272552448

Almost 27k simultaneous in-game players, compared to 18k on July 10. 50% growth mid-season is really big IMO, even if the base was relatively low. Season 4 is also tracking 30% higher than season 3 on Steam.

It seems Squad Battle and meaningful weekly updates are revitalizing the game. Hopefully PvE modes push the game even further in the near future.

3 Likes

Iv never been too bothered about the player count as iv always been able to jump into the modes I care about and get matches super quickly but this is certainly nice to see, thatā€™s nice growth

Itā€™s obviously small numbers compared to the big boys but I never really expect Halo to get to that level again just because the market is so different now

But having said that, it really doesnā€™t need to, as long as it it maintain a solid player base for people and brings in enough money to be supported thatā€™s all that really matters

I think Forge AI/firefight will bring in a lot of people too

8 Likes

I need someone like Mint Blitz to hit this shot in a real gameā€¦

This game was close to enter top 30 range of most played game in USA. It went from 28 to 22. This game is slowly seeing its resurgence it deserved.

Keep pumping maps out, forge or not

Continue to work on the progression system, Iā€™d actually say this should be a priority over new maps at this point, the game needs something long term and beond a basic XP bar that is essentially just who plays the most

and get Forge AI/AI modes out there

Sentiment around the game has changed fast over season 4 so if they do those things theyā€™ll be really cooking

Mint is nuts, heā€™s got aimbot aim

I think when this comes out the game will start gaining bigger and better traction.

Not sure if people here is aware but supposedly, Game Fuel from Mountain Dew is coming back and Halo along with Diablo IV are the marketed title. I still donā€™t know the story or update, but if itā€™s true, Season 5 will be the best time to reintroduce this game.

1 Like

https://x.com/hazzadorgamin/status/1691558298565402959?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

https://x.com/hazzadorgamin/status/1691564428351926302?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

At least someone admits the silly notion of passing down. I get it. We love Halo a lot and we want it at its greatest, but letā€™s not go crazy over demands. The gameplay shows they are capable of great evolution to the franchise; just get held back by questionable direction or management. I for one believe the redemption arc is on.

3 Likes

I have played a couple of matches and I have to asked have 343 fixed the desync yet, because I canā€™t tell?

I have also been having massive fps issues on every mode including the menues, unless I switch to the 120fps mode, has there been any talk about it? Even a hot fix that maybe coming soon?

Playing the MP also feels different currently, I will have to play the campaign to compare or see if that has changed too. But it feels lighter maybe a little more floaty than before to control the Spartans.

Canā€™t speak for everyone but the desync for me is night and day compared to how it was back in season 2/3

I had so many moments back then when I just wanted to stop playing because of it but now I never really seem to have issues with it

The ā€œgive halo to iD/someone elseā€ takes were always incredibly stupid

Itā€™s clear thereā€™s excellent talent at 343, you donā€™t make a game that plays as well as Infinite without talent but itā€™s clear that there were severe issues at the studio that thankfully seems to be resolved

3 Likes

Maybe but in some way they did just that. They basically gave Halo to a new 343 team by the restructuring that is doing right by gamers which is what everyone wanted. The Halo team is great, but I wouldnā€™t mind adding another team for spin offs like Certain Affinity and maybe they can also contract or work with external developers to expand the universe. For example, a Division like Halo developed by Ubisoft would be nice.

Iā€™m still baffeled a flood horror like game doesnā€™t exist yet. Playing as a marine in the structures of the first halo ring. Didnā€™t creative assembly create Alien isolation? They could do it.

I would love a Halo Tactics from Splash Damage.

But I donā€™t think the current state of Halo Infinite can be attributed to the new management. If you watch that infamous stream where they unveiled their plans for Infiniteā€™s future back in August last year, whatā€™s happening is what they were planning at the time - Forge added in the winter update, then actual seasonality starting in March.

Maybe the leadership made some short term changes and decisions (they brought the custom game browser faster than initially announced, gave up on doint the multiplayer story etc.). Itā€™s still a shame the campaign team got gutted/axed, indicates we wonā€™t see a new campaign for maaaany years at this point.

1 Like

At this point Iā€™m thinking itā€™s mostly on my end, maybe Iā€™m just not anywhere near the closes server, so it just feels like before.

Also have you noticed if people have gotten really fast with using the sidekick? Because often it feels like they can get out 6 shots before I fire my second.

1 Like

Iā€™ve noticed this as well. Like 6 shots in 1.5 seconds.

1 Like

Mad trigger happy, their aim is also so damn good too. Itā€™s reminding me of how the H5 pistol was used by people even before the BR nerfs. Where people constantly practiced their aim for that 5 shot perfect.

1 Like

Sidekick has

a) a high skill ceiling and b) a massive buff from shorter triggers/mouse clicks, one suspects!

Iv noticed I die from sidekicks really fast sometimes too

Everytime I just assume itā€™s people with those elites/shorter triggers

I have an elite but itā€™s not set to short trigger, and I will drop a lot of weapons in super fiesta for the sidekick because it had decent ammo and is pretty quick.

Yeah the reload being insanely fast makes it an easy choice.

Every day I get roasted by it :rofl:

4 Likes