Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

I was thinking the exact same thing tonight, was watching the cinematic and it hits hard, really makes me want to explore that world.

2 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

BTB just leaves me wanting for more.

I wish they had any semblance of creativity or ambition with it, it can be so much more.

1 Like
8 Likes
1 Like

Iā€™d rather prefer a Halo 1 remake; the story is already there and can be improved or rewritten for todayā€™s audience also after Halo 3 the story seems to have been all over the place. Halo needs a reboot and a refresh.

Honestly at this point Iā€™d be all for them remaking the original trilogies single player content. Outsource them, release one every year and release some themed content in MCC/Infinite to celebrate each ones release - itā€™ll give fans a new version to play and take the pressure off from 343 to release single player content while they do whatever it is they are doing single player wise.

Man OASIS is such a great map. I love this playlist with oasis all the time. So good. Also so many great modes

3 Likes

Me too. All the modes seem to play great on it. Every area is like itā€™s own intriguing map, but combined into one large one. Itā€™s great because no area feels ā€œwastedā€ & can offer high quality engagement with opponents. I canā€™t speak from a pro-gamer perspective, just a social playerā€™s one.

I also canā€™t say that I look at the previous BTB maps with any fondness. Theyā€™re all too flat in terms verticality (which is probably why you donā€™t see aerial vehicles in Deadlock and Fragmentation, which would add to the excitement and feel of a BTB but would be cheap as thereā€™s no vertical cover ie. roofs).

Which has me thinking about the potential of Forging these maps to fix that issue. More scattered mini-bases holding equipment and weapons, while providing cover, would add more interesting points on those maps.

I played over the cloud on my Day One launch Xbox One and it looks great. It makes me want to get a Series console to possibly play this at 120Hz. Latency felt extremely good and was only noticable as a flaw when I lost every melee trade.

2 Likes

Agreed. Itā€™s worked wonders for Capcom.

3 Likes

Anyone else love halo 5 multiplayer?. I wish someone would take the gameplay of halo 5 and put it under a new ip and release it. So we can have both infinite style and halo 5s style.

2 Likes

Halo 5 gunplay is so satisfying with the little headshot pop sound.

Halo Infinite is a mix between Halo 3 and 5, but a little more like 3 to me. Nothing wrong with that but yeah, you wonā€™t find Halo 5 movement and aiming anywhere now.

I also love the ADS, it felt really cool with the holographic sight.

4 Likes

Forge Maps in Quick Play.

4 Likes

Iā€™m currently playing through Halo 2ā€™s campaign for the first time. Itā€™s the one Halo game I never completed so Iā€™m pushing through on Heroic difficulty. So far the huge takeaway (after reaching Uprising) is the Internet was wrong: Quarantine Zone was hellā€¦ whilst Gravemind was extremely doable & enjoyable. I was braced for supposedly the most punishing level but itā€™s been the best so far (along with Outskirts & Metropolis).

I think that has something to do with the fact thereā€™s no Flood in Gravemind.

Halo could use a remake or reboot resident evil or final fantasy 7 style.

Care to expand on this?

I personally dont really see the point of doing a reboot or remake of the games especially with the anniversary editions.

As for a final fantasy 7 type remake what are you implyingā€¦ since ff7 remake is a drastically different type of JRPGā€¦ the only thing in the same vein for halo would be what? a third person shooter instead of first?

Wouldnt that just be better time spent making an odst style spin off ?

1 Like