Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

I imagine the idea would be to take the older titles and remake them fully to a more modern standard - not just in visuals but upgrading the overall experience, compared to the previous remaster which was the same game with a new coat of paint. I dunno if they need to go THAT far but if they wanted to rely on external partnerships to remake any of 1-3 I wouldn’t mind. To be honest I mostly just don’t know why we haven’t seen more external partnerships in general for Halo, it was once Xbox’s biggest IPs - any criticism of 343 aside I think they could be doing a lot more with it by relying on other teams to make games outside the mainline series.

1 Like

Halo Silver Timeline: the Game would make more sense to me. Make it 3rd person. Laser scan all characters. Have the actors voice them.

I just hope we see something of Halo at this years Showcase. For me the best case scenario would be the new mode from CA plus a new season announcement to bridge the gap until they are ready for a campaign expansion. I just replayed Infinites Campaign and yeah this was set up to be expanded upon in future DLC’s , no doubt about that. Would be so cool to have the Infinite Campaign fleshed out in a desert or snow map and see what the whole endless thread is about.

So many possibilities with new weapons and vehicles plus new biomes and story

1 Like

I think it might depend on if the whole UE5 thing is real or not. If so, the chance that we see the CA mode/game is verrry small.

1 Like

It would be nice to see something of Halo, if just to re-affirm that Halo and Halo Infinite isn’t going anywhere any time soon after the rough time they had through the layoffs. Maybe at the least a season 4 trailer since that should only be a week or two out at that point.

1 Like

I mean didn’t a new season just release lol. I think those who still play understand that Infinite isn’t going anywhere.

The ones who don’t, just simply don’t care for the game anymore.

I just think Halo needs new life. It needs a solid spark and resurgence, right now with Xbox getting ABK, Doom, Starfield and many more, Halo is beginning to look like a discarded piece at least to me. This Forge and additions to Infinite are just not cutting it. Reboots or remakes today are certainly working just look at COD 2019 how much that reboot did. I wasn’t into COD but that got me in. Also, the Halo story in my opinion veered in the wrong direction when 343 took over and I think the show kind of mimics that. I think there’s been a lot over the past years to have a rewrite of Halo and open the universe. The anniversary editions are fine but don’t seem geared or updated enough to be relevant to the modern audience.

The FF7 Remake is kind of a continuation but a reboot almost like in Jumanji after all that adventure there is a reset that gives the IP a chance at a new beginning after exploring certain ideas. Halo can be built into a franchise that can encompass other wonderful stories of characters in the universe that can offer different genres. All in all, I just think a reboot would do wonders and let the team tell their story and also make Halo their own.

Exactly it was once Xbox’s biggest IP, but man has it fallen. One can only wonder what could happen after COD comes to Gamepass and mobile and if the Infinity Ward new IP comes out. The competition is there for Halo now within Microsoft’s own studio. This is why I think they should just reboot the whole thing. Who knows the COD studios may even ask for the Halo IP to have a dig at it.

There’s definitely gonna be people who have written off the game for good - but I think there’s plenty of people who would come back. After all I imagine the internal goal for Halo Infinite is gonna be to start building the games population back up - as they add more content, fix the problems and get the updates more consistent.

I mean season 4 will have 3-4 new maps, all the usual new bits and bobs and the recent leak was that PVE game modes might be coming in season 4. Getting a trailer advertising that to a wider audience, and maybe a little highlights reel of the stuff they’ve already adder - could do well for them. Or at the very least avoid the negativity that came when 343 had nothing to show at E3 last year.

1 Like

I don’t nessaraly agree that a reboot is needed. I’d more argue that it would be way more interesting to have more games take place in the time line that do not include MasterChef. As I feel like that hits all the bits you are aiming for without giving the games the false expectations the fan base has set up for a mainline game.

3 Likes

Halo don’t need a reboot. Gameplay wise halo infinite is probably the best the series has been.

What it needs is spin offs. Like odst. A third person cover based game could be cool. A game where we play as the covenant?.

Or even a horror halo game.

4 Likes

Such a geeat map. Hope to see more of their work in the coming seasons. Great support studio.

5 Likes

Nice map, they did a great job although KOTH needs taken out of it asap

It’s terrible for it

It needs a well realized mainline campaign with tons of variety and with some great set-pieces. Infinite was lacking in those areas.

I started playing the campaign again today and yea, the base gameplay is super smooth and fun but it feels so barebones

Excellent foundation but it’s missing various elements

1 Like

Infinite has a clear story being set up that they can use for the next game. I would love a third person gears like game as an odst. Or a flood horror game as a marine.

Someone suggest these ideas to Phil and 343.

1 Like

I think more games will just be more of the same and for halo guys like you would be fine but for a new crowd I think you absolutely need one(reboot). Again, COD has been always a big seller but 2019 reinvigorated the franchise. Halo is great but more is just like adding content which only moves things a little, but a remake or reboots does so much and brings in a new generation which is needed.

Only halo 1 would need a remake tbh.

Reboot wouldn’t affect the gameplay just the story and direction. To me the series veered away from 4 and the story feels convoluted to follow. I think it needs a new foundation to move on just like Avengers was the foundation for the MCU.

It does but I also think it needs a new reimagining of it’s foundation. It doesn’t necessarily need to dump everything, there are ways of restarting or resetting while still connecting to the old like Star Trek.

Once you make 1 then there will be demand for the rest. Bungies Halo 1-3 told a story that is complete. It seemed prequels was what was needed after that to expand the franchise. Heck it could even be third person like ANTHEM to give a new and fresh perspective.