Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

Here’s my thoughts:

This is the necessary action. Maybe not exactly the moving engine part, but if it makes it easier, then by all means. When it comes to studios under Xbox’s belt, this one needed a remake. It’s like that meme with three headed dragon and one is a derp. Make no mistake, I truly like Halo Infinite; great game all around. That said, wouldn’t this game released earlier despite the pandemic?

When it comes to stories and/or rumors, this game seems to be the one that gets the most if not anything at all. People tried to do it on games like Forza or Fable. The former gets squashed very quickly; the latter is the victim of silence. It can be argued that it’s out of hate since PG Studio is a threat to them since their record is similar to say Naughty Dog, but I digress. Even the Initiative doesn’t have much bad light after it was established that they’re working with CD. Not to mention, their design was the first among the fresh studio.

When you hear about Halo, it’s like why the creative director changes. Why the delay. Why the odd result for Showcase 2020. Why this. Why that. Xbox has a bright future, undoubtedly, but 343 needs a refresh. People said, “They already did that.” The game did; the design choices did; the studio did not, until now. It’s damning today, but the future can be bright along with others. Bad today, necessary later.

I think they should be bold and move on from Master Chief. I think it’s time for a new character to be the face of the franchise

1 Like

Oh for sure but I love Halo campaigns and we’ll probably not be getting one anytime soon.

1 Like

So basically 3 reboots in a row ?

That’s a tough sell to fans.

1 Like

They will need to nail the gamefeel as Infinite, for its faults fucking nailed a game feeling like Halo.

1 Like

Any idea what this could mean for Forge in the next Halo?

Also, I wonder whatthis means for ongoing updates for Halo Infinite.I’m assuming they’re going to wind down over the next few months and they’ll abandond seasons altogether or they’ll be coming with fluff for the most part.

Hard to be optimistic about Halo in the short-mid term.

I am not really seeing this as a negative for Infinite MP support going forward. Seems like Infinite MP will be the primary work at the studio while folks are working to get things going in Unreal and other plans become more concrete.

2 Likes

My thinking was that by sticking to Slipspace forthe sequel, they’d be rolling some engine (+netcode) improvements into Halo Infinite and the evolving engine tools would also allow for faster content development.

Hopefully whatever they were doing over 2022 will allow for steady content delivery going forward. I still like playing the game. :dizzy_face:

Halo RPG? Mass Effect style, it time. Game franchise that been going on for 20 years needs to reinnovate right? It clear as day that Halo is not what it use to be popular wise anymore.

not really. xbox just has to show that they are getting their shit together with Halo and not taking half measures anymore. This unreal engine move was a step in the right direction.

If you thought the Halo community was mad before about Infinite. If they dare do this, there will be riots in the streets lol.

1 Like

Yeah I feel you. Very sad last 10 years for the IP.

Halo fans will be mad about anything 343 does, so might as well be bold and do something like this. It’s def a polarizing opinion, but I think moving on from Chief will allow 343 to have freedom to do what they want in the universe. The tricky thing is Master Chief is associated with Bungie and no matter what they do good or bad it will always be compared to OG trilogy or why isn’t the story more like trilogy. I think in order to advance franchise they might need to move on . Also, I know it’s a hot take, but I wouldn’t mind a full reboot like this to give 343 a clean slate with universe

regarding unreal engine… as of last month tatanka was still being developed on slipspace.

so i’m taking this report with a huge helping of salt.

I can’t see a single really good FPS on Unreal Engine.

The engine won’t make it. There is a reason why Doom, Battlefield, COD, Far Cry and Destiny are on proprietary engine.

I want to be surprised, sure, but I really can’t see the switch has a good thing.

The feeling of Unreal Tournament being disregarded makes me feel really old hurts.

2 Likes

The days Unreal Engine was built for Unreal Tournament are long gone :disappointed_relieved:

Curse you, Fortnite!!!

But really, we’ll wait and see what comes out of everything.

While I think UE 5 looks great, I just don’t know if they can capture the feel of infinite with this. The fact that the report says internal skeptics on UE 5 to me is a red flag. I do feel for Hintz, he has no other choice but to reset Halo. I do hope they consider ID TECH and hopefully they are able to integrate the best Slipspace has into any engine they use.

1 Like

100percent. Hearing this makes me want to scrap ever going back to Halo and I’m not a Halo guy. Can they manage solid 60fps or higher and will it have that smooth feel? I just don’t think it will.