Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

In USA, it was at 23. Now it’s at 13, which passed Horizon 5. Nothing against the latter but the reason for the mention is because that one was holding on 14 for a long time.

3 Likes

Nice! Forza Horizon 5 is still doing great here, currently at 10th.

1 Like

I need to pay more attention to the scoreboard, I didn’t even realize I was in a game with you lol Whatever changes 343i have made with the netcode, I’ve been having a much better experience since the winter update.

3 Likes

Yeah it has been much better, apart from that weird bug I haven’t had any issues either. I also really like the new XP-system, makes it more fun to play what you like rather than going through stuff you are not interested in for challenges.

4 Likes

I know I said it on the podcast, but the new XP system is awesome. It’s not perfect, I’d love to see more of a personalized flair (xp for medals earned, specific game mode accomplishments, etc), but it’s such a massive step in the right direction.

7 Likes

Agreed, more of that and also a progression system outside of the Battle Passes and we’re set.

2 Likes

A career progression system is in the works, but no ETA as of yet.

2 Likes

About the XP system and the BP. How would you feel if your xp also counted for your inactive Battle passess? Hear me out, imagine out of every 1000 xp you get, there’s an extra 100xp that goes to all your inactive Battle passes.

Example: You get 1k(1k goes to winter+extra 100xp on each BP)

I think it would be a cool way to level up slowly everything, without rushing, cause they do want you to play and level up, but by the time you’re done with 1 BP, there’s at least some progress done on your other ones.

Not sure if that would work well.

The good thing is that the BP never expires in the game, so you can level that up when you feel like it.

True but there needs to be some way of catching up a little bit(Fornite does this with XP on current season) If you’re someone joining late or just coming back and suddenly there’s 4-5 BP to level up… you probably want to, but will you actually? Idk, getting 1 level every 10 of your main one doesnt sound bad, maybe it could be even half ot that.

Like I mentioned Fornite does something similar with a catchup system where you are XP boosted if you havent been playing for a while so you get like double XP doing anything, even community or save the world. But there’s still a cap put in place so you cant just do the entire BP in 1 day

1 Like
5 Likes

It moved up at 12, right behind Destiny 2. It’s climbing.

Are the old battle passes still available to buy?

Yes.

1 Like

I am loving the new update, its been a lot of fun doing the campaign with my friends. I got booted from a session yesterday due a crash - no worries - but I wasn’t able to rejoin the Fireteam and rejoin the co-op mission mid-game, and my two mates needed to quit out.

Played a fair few Forge maps and they all impressed.

Right now with how generous the XP is, I personally don’t think this is needed even when people are 3-4 seasons behind.

I haven’t really been playing as I’m in Forge every time I boot up. But then I realized that I’ll never progress through this BP so I played a couple days and I’m already at level 9. If I play just one match a day I get ½ a level due to the daily challenge XP. But since I did a lot of the weekly challenges too, I’m near level 10 in next to no time.

Once they hit Season 5, adding more daily challenges would help those that are behind.

A game I regularly play, Vigor, does something similar to what you describe. Your XP counts to 1 older season that you’ve selected. But the XP needed to level up in the older season is scaled so it takes a lot of play. Also, unlike Infinite, it’s always considered a secondary season and your primary season is the current one.

The Fortnite boost you mentioned could be implemented in Infinite as a “missed daily” boost that gives you 200xp for every daily challenge you missed for each match you play after the first. So if I missed 3 days and I play, I get 500xp the first match, 200xp the next 3 matches. Getting 1100xp for those 4 days. But I could have gotten 2000xp by doing them on time over 4 days. So it still encourages people to play daily but gives them a chance to catch up if they got busy.

It moved to 11th in Canada.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Nice, will be fun to try it out.

Are the names of the maps displayed somewhere when you start a match? I never seem to learn the names of the maps, and I think this is why.