Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

“Halo’s version of space set’s itself apart from Stars Wars”

No shit, moron. Did you expect otherwise?

Is Star Wars this persons only other space point of reference? There are so many and they all seperate themselves from that too. It’s not even something that Halo needed to try hard to achieve

2 Likes

“Halo is the video game-based television show equivalent of Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey.”

-Gamespot, probably.

“The Bad”… is actually good things so… hah.

You’re right, I think I missclick, sorry :wink:

We’ll be going this weekly for each episode.

1 Like

Yet heard opposite so we’ll see

Went back to the campaign yesterday and finished it. Really looking forward to the continuation of the story.

Also: Fuck the Brute Chieftain and flying snipers in the last boss fight.

3 Likes

“great point”

3 Likes

Maybe not the “good halo” part but everything else is a great point imo.

Making a great BR is extremely hard, maintaining said BR with updates/content is even harder. It wouldn’t suddenly solve the content drought that the game is going through.

It’s easy to point to BR as a cop out answer for why the game is “dead” when the reality is more complicated than that.

Just wait till next week, when his next video is the exact opposite sentiment

2 Likes

Why Halo Battle Royale is great, and BAD

I don’t understand how these guys keep recycling the same complaints again and again :tired_face:

A Halo Infinite Battle Royale would need its own dedicated studio (like Raven Software at Activision). Otherwise same thing would happen as with Battlefield V’s BR : it got 0 updates because DICE couldn’t support it after Criterion developped it.

I think that 343 first needs to double their size or something. Halo has too many features to handle. Bungie appears to have twice the number of employees in comparison (on LinkedIn: 1200 at Bungie, 542 at 343 Industries) and seems to have gained 200 or 300 new employees in the recent weeks/months.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think 343 needs to grow a lot. I don’t think those weird 18 month contracts does the game any favours either.

4 Likes

Yea thats a Microsoft thing it seems

1 Like

How does that even work?

At 343 office:

“Lisa, you have been with us for close to a year and a half now and you seem to have settled in very well. You now have a good grasp of our game engine, gotten used to all of our systems and are producing high quality work at maximum capacity. We are really impressed by your results, now Fuck off!”

2 Likes

All limits imposed because of lawsuits from decades earlier where contractors wanted to be recognized as employees strictly due to length of time spent doing the work.