Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

We’re live in just over 3 hours!

1 Like

Hope they rework the menu and UI to be more in line with the MCC. Switched from Overwatch to Halo and it really strikes me how bland it is (the font, the lack of colors and overuse of white and grey, the menu never changes when there is a new event, the background are static and nothing special…).

1 Like
1 Like

Coincidentally I checked out MCC to note Warthog physics over the games in contrast to Infinite, and I completely forgot how great the UI was (it’s possible that they’ve upgraded them even more since I last hosted LAN parties which would be pre-covid).

Season 3 would be a good time for a front end UI makeover, including the player lobby. In many respects it truly is the lowest of priorities but it would communicate that the game is revamped and renewed. I appreciated the new music and loading screen for Season 2.

2 Likes

The game UI will eventually change. I still stand that going into 2021 was about releasing the game in a not Gotham Knights condition.

We have a special interview podcast tomorrow night. Sir Iron Wolf from Forgehub will be joining the show for a chat about their site! Jon/Sik is joining as well!

Follow the link if you want to ask any questions.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Will you need Gold to play co-op?

6 Likes

I believe so

Yeah, I would think so too. I was asked this and didn’t know, so I thought maybe someone here knew.

My guess would be yes since Campaign aspect is considered a full game. I can be wrong, but that’s my assumption based on the nature of the past.

1 Like

I’m genuinely surprised that medals weren’t utilized and match scores are only utilized in a relative fashion.

I look at the list of medals in Infinite and I have to marvel at it from both a player perspective and a programming perspective (counter-snipe, so satisfying but also nuts that they note players in the scope). Few games recognize in-match accomplishments to that level of detail.

Giving 25-500XP for the medals, using match scores as XP, add win bonuses…make each BP level 10,000XP-ish. I thought the fix was going to be this “obvious”.

Hey I’ll take the changes. I’m just really surprised they didn’t leverage one of the coolest things this game series does. Maybe they were concerned about being viewed as borrowing too much from previous Call of Duty titles (which gave XP for medals) but as far as I remember Call of Duty took the concept of medals from Halo.

6 days left until Forge! I haven’t been this excited for anything videogame related since Sonic Mania. Nothing on the horizon, not even Starfield, has me this excited.

2 Likes

We’re live!

Any of you Halo fans have young kids?

For $498 it can be yours:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/24-Volt-Microsoft-Halo-Warthog-Ride-On-with-Laser-Tag-Blaster-and-Vest-Included-For-Boys-Girls-Ages-3-and-up/783754636

2 Likes

I’m all for basically all these changes.

Sword was too powerful. Br way to easy to use. Nades to OP, will probably need a radius nerf by 10-20% still. Plasma pistol wasn’t being used much.

4 Likes

Wish they made a lawn mower like this…

3 Likes

Breaking the snapslide is pretty much 343 deciding that doing trick jumps to get across the map quicker was bad, I hope there’s enough push back to get it back in the game.

Nades nerf makes no sense since, they have always been a one-shot break for shields and punch/shot to kill, changing it now doesn’t make much sense because it just seems like the people at the recieving end aren’t getting their shots in to finish the fight. My guess it’s the desync making them more effective than 343 wants them to be, similar to how the disruptor is likely suffering because of it.

I think the reason no one uses the plasma pistol it was underpowered in comparison to past games, and it made the Disrupter a better option. If the plasma pistol goes back to how it was, the disruptor is likely to be getting less use as the desync is probably going to make it worse to use than the plasma pistol imo.

The BR has always been the gun everyone wanted to use, and it has always over performed imo, hopefully these nerfs won’t be as bad as Halo 5 were the BR got so nerfed the pistol became the best weapon in the sand box.

The only people iv seen use this slide tech are people who practice constantly for twitter and youtube clips

It’s like they are deliberately trying to piss off the hardcore players

The rest seems like good changes so it joins the endless trend of 343 doing something good with something stupid