Halo |OT| Master Chief's Breath of the Wild Moment (Part 1)

I hope the year delay means that they don’t skimp us on maps at launch. I’m hoping for at least 10 arena maps and 4 btb maps at minimum. I would be happy with 12 arena and 6 btb.

Obviously the hope is also that forge is good enough to be near indistinguishable from 343 created maps. But that will be very hard to do and would be a crazy feat if ever pulled off.

It’s wasn’t incredibly well yet. It was very good. When it’ll have 60 fps on Xbox One, locked 60 fps (I saw some single drops in comparisons) and 120 fps on Xbox Series X|S (especially on Series X), when some shadows and textures will be in higher quality then it’ll be perfect.

Xbox One is probably not going to get to 60 FPS if it’s struggling right now. I mean, it still could be 60 FPS in MP, but doubtful for SP. Xbox One X with a 60 FPS mode is more probable.

The focus is on current gen and that’s a good thing. Sorry to be blunt and honnest, but many people (myself included) were skeptical of how this game would run one Xbox One. Now we know and overall, the performances are reassuring for all the platforms.

2 Likes

Remember forge world on reach for Xbox 360. Well I want a new forge world for series X that’s bigger and better.

Gosh I was in awe of it back then. I hope we get something that will give me the same feeling more than 10 years later. If the 360 was capable of something like that who knows what can be done for infinite.

1 Like

That’s why Halo Infinite should never have announced platforms.

Then in 2020 they would tell us it will come only to Xbox Series X|S and PC and later in 2021 with news about availability of Xbox Cloud Gaming on Xbox One. Problem solved.

Multiplayer relies on the biggest possible community so doing the work to bring it to the old consoles will be worth it in the end.

It’s going to be 30fps, and that is the right compromise to make to prioritise getting the most out of the new consoles, and 30fps is a big step up over trying to play multiplayer over xCloud.

2 Likes

Well too bad Halo was announced before the series x was a thing then.

The game would have started development before the One X was even released lol.

1 Like

Its 2021 I dont know why we are debating platforms of development again.

5 Likes

Yeah I thought we were past it and I am still confident the One version will turn out fine.

2 Likes

343 with all their issues have never delivered a bad looking or running game so this is one area I got 0 concerns tbh.

2 Likes

If I was someone who wasn’t lucky enough to have gotten my Series X yet, I would feel very fortunate to be able to still play Infinite on my old One X. And would completely understand why 1080, 30 is the best I could hope for

Plus imagine how great the upgrade will look and feel for those people that do end up getting a Series X later? You will have gotten so used to how your One ran the game. Then suddenly you’re seeing a much better picture, at double, or even triple the framerate…and it’s loading up far faster than before

That’ll be quite something to behold

2 Likes

It works fine on Xbox One. I played the flight on One S and it ran pretty well. It’s at 30 FPS which isn’t ideal for an FPS but it’s good enough. I don’t wanna think about how low they’d have to drop the resolution to get 60 FPS.

So what?

Contraband publishing was signed in 2018 (or maybe earlier), it was announced this year and it’ll be released on Xbox Series X|S without Xbox One.

Microsoft Flight Simulator was also in development for around 5 years, as far as I remember.

Then why are you (again) complaining about the linearity of time? All these things already happened years ago and as far as I know Phillip Spencer is not in possession of a time machine to fix this for you :woman_shrugging:

Late to respond to it, but Im all about wacky non canon armors and cosmetics. Im not terribly sanctimonious about these types of things.

So it began development with the next gen console specs in mind unlike Halo :+1:

1 Like

So what?

You know, you are absolutely right. It is so simple that I can’t believe 343/Xbox never did it. They didn’t have to think about game development, recoup on investment, Game Pass etc. They could have just dropped the One version because they foresaw the delay and the specs for the new consoles :+1:.

They probably did Xbox One versions because they weren’t sure how Series X would sell and if it sold bad the player base would be tiny, among a lot of other reasons.

Everything about the Halo Infinite Needler is amazing except its god awful sound.

Here’s a fan remade version, hope someone can superimpose this over some preview footage so we can get a good audiovisual. It retains that crystal-y alien sound whereas the current HI needler sounds like an SMG.

EDIT: lol found one!