Halo |OT| Master Chief's Breath of the Wild Moment (Part 1)

Just tell 343 and your other studios to put a photo mode bro :sob:

2 Likes

Iā€™m REALLY taking my time with it huh

1 Like

I want Halo Wars 3 to stay console-focused.

Halo Wars 2 was hurt by the Xbox One, no Game Pass and Halo 5.

(Itā€™s still has a very healthy playerbase though)

1 Like

Iā€™ll spoiler tag this post because I donā€™t know if talking about the latter half of the campaign is currently allowed here.

I gotta say, the last couple hours of the campaign are starting to bum me out. I go from exploring this large, very Halo world to playing in these cramped corridors doing fetch quests for power seeds. Itā€™s like they took all the interior sections of Assault on the Control Room from CE but stretched it into 3 missions. Iā€™m also really tired of Escharumā€™s constant pontificating. Like bro, I get it, chill out.

I canā€™t help but feel like the effects of COVID, crunch, and rebooting 2/3rds of the game really started to show once you traveled into the Spire. Itā€™s as if 343i knew how they wanted to design the world, but screwed themselves when it came to fleshing out the story since it required them to integrate the pieces of old Halo that are just very outdated in this day and age.

1 Like

Could someboy please tell me the name of the song it plays when you are fighting Chak Lok? It was fantastic.

Should be done with the story today.

For anyone finishing up the story watch after till the end credits finish or just YouTube it if you canā€™t be bothered to wait

1 Like

The core mechanics of base building are similar to C&C, the factions are more symmetrical despite looking completely different from each other, but they do they do have defining differences.

What makes Supreme commander shine is the scale, giant maps for giant maps and armies, also super units at end game.

You have some complex commands to micro your units and mastering the economy e key to win, trying to balance between energy and mass.

What I think would really help Halo Wars is the scale of the combat, wider maps for a bigger army and a little bit more complex mechanically speaking. RTSs made with console first in mind wonā€™t really be a success on PC, and I donā€™t know if a console can carry the brunt of making an RTS popular.

1 Like

I would suggest to take this into the spoiler thread :slight_smile: there we can talk about everthing

damn, would love these!

5 Likes

I got half a mission left and then Iā€™ll be over lol.

Wow

1 Like

Should be the next step for Slipspace along with fixing the pop-in when in stuff like the Wasp and the Bansheeā€™s.

1 Like
8 Likes

Aw, look at XboxEra at the top!

2 Likes

Yeah, of course, itā€™s beautifulā€¦ If you paint over screenshots. I want him to make it as a gif or a gameplay video next. :wink:

But yeah, weather conditions could add so much, for sure.

1 Like

VFX artists already on that as we speak Iā€™m sure. :smirk:

1 Like

Im really liking how meaty the Mangler feels. Iā€™ve been using it along with the BR mostly. I hope they add more heavy feeling pistols later in DLC.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation, from what you describe, it is what HW was meant to be, a large scale warfare game, but being it a console first RTS, it was constrained by its limitations.

I wonder how they ported it to the 360, because I heard itā€™s impossible to do. XD

1 Like