Halo |OT| Master Chief's Breath of the Wild Moment (Part 1)

Is it November yet?

3 Likes

This part doesn’t make me too confident in them improving visuals any further. :confused: " My main focus as Graphics Producer is partnering with engineering leadership to set and prioritize goals, as well as resolving blockers and empowering our engineers to do their best work.

Following the Campaign demo last July, the team has been continuously iterating on outstanding graphics and lighting work to deliver a more immersive experience. This additional level of polish required the coordination of multiple disciplines, such as: Graphics, Lighting, Environments, Characters, Sandbox, and more. This team effort is finally coming together, and we are very excited to share some of the results with our community today!

In the same spirit, we’ve been regularly reviewing the Xbox versions of Halo Infinite with our multiple partner teams. And while the work-in-progress images we are presenting today are captured on a PC - which we’ll dive deeper on in a future blog post - we are committed to deliver a great experience and high level of visual fidelity across all platforms .” - Alex Le Boulicaut, Graphics Producer"

That last part very directly suggests we are looking at he best visual fidelity they can muster here in the screenshots of the PC version.

AHHH

6 Likes

Hello little guys

bees are not only in grounded

wonder what this green glow is

Wildlife

4 Likes

Series x Probably looks similar also its a cross gen game

I zoomed on the screenshots, especially the “sniper” one, and saw that graphics look busy. Not like shimmering, but like a painting with details mostly washed out in the distance and it made me wonder. It’s not a concept art, it’s a real gameplay screenshot. So yeah, that’s really their vision for the game and it’s interesting. I didn’t hear them talk about that before.

The key part is here :

As far as our artistic goals for the campaign goes, we have focused on two key themes, “Legacy” and “Simplicity”, when it comes to the visual experience we are building. For “Legacy” we really want players to feel like they are experiencing a game that they remember fondly ( Halo: Combat Evolved ), but with modernized graphics of course. As far as “Simplicity” is concerned, we wanted to ensure that we steer away from overly noisy designs and details which is a key takeaway for the team coming off Halo 5 . With Halo Infinite , we wanted to take this new adventure back to its roots and create a visually pleasing experience that doesn’t overwhelm with unnecessary complexity where readability and clear artistic composition prevail. This is our artistic interpretation of a beautiful world to exist within – rather than something that is purely grounded in photo realism. Both goals have been a true challenge to balance, especially against the expectations of what it means to be a “next-gen” title, but through some incredible team collaboration, hard work, and community feedback we are hoping to land something that everyone will really enjoy and appreciate.

Simplicity.

You can see what I mean on that quick and dirty cropped image I did :

Look at the trees and flowers. Details are lost in some kind of blur or plain textures, but it does make it look good from a distance (of course, it is zoomed in). It makes the colors pop a little more.

I’m not sure it will please everyone, but I’m digging it. It also explains why the demo looked like this. Now, with good lighting, it looks tremendously better.

2 Likes

all hidden stuff I could find

Sure, but it still looks low poly in a lot of areas. I don’t mean areas where it makes sense, but the rocks and whatnot for instance still look rough.

Still work in progress.

I said this some time ago. Halo Infinite does no need to win a graphics award, it just have to look apealing to the eye. In this game there are many systems involved that are way more important. AI, vehicles, numbers of enemy on screen, physics etc. These systems are taxing and will prevent Halo to look mindblown. Combine that with the scale of the game and you will see why things are the way they are. Also this game wasnt designed for next gen.

5 Likes

I know but it gives me flashbacks to how the July gameplay was framed by 343’s art/tech ppl where they bragged about great it looked and took a strange pride as if it wasn’t being universally panned. I just am worried somehow, some way that is carried over here with them talking up the PC version as if it is way more impressive looking than it is atm. Don’t get me wrong, it looks much better than before, but it is also WAY less impressive than their previous trailer imagery.

I think it should be demonstrating the features of the new console tech. I’m sure it won’t detract from my enjoyment as the game design sounds AWESOME from what I’m reading, but I was really wanting to see them flex like they did with Halo 4.

Can’t say I agree there.

1 Like

Well Halo 4 was a corridor shooter most of the time and many great physics like explosions got downgraded for it. Halo works best in open areas. I noticed that last year when I replayed all the halos.

Also dont forget (even if marketing says otherwise) this game was developed for xbox one first.

7 Likes

60FPS…That is all folks.

Game is gonna look great in the end with this huge upgrade from last year I wasn’t expecting in game screenshots tonight bravo 343

5 Likes

Yeah I don’t think anyone expected this good of an update. Next month is I think audio team and month after is all about the PC version.

Yep correct doing monthly updates was the right move people are getting very excited again

After 10 years of Halo being under 343 I finally get the feeling that the entire team “gets” Halo.

2 Likes

I mean, yeah.

3 Likes

I really hope we get a Multiplayer beta

1 Like