Halo |OT| Master Chief's Breath of the Wild Moment (Part 1)

I definitely would expect 1 or 2 graphical overhauls if Infinite is actually successful enough To have a 10 year life.

2 Likes

What I expect is a huge update as if it was another game launching maybe a few times in the 10 year window. We’ll get new maps, quests/missions, forge stuff, cosmetics, battle passes, weapons and more. They gonna go down the Destiny route but do it better most likely, mainly because of Game Pass.

In all honesty this actually excites me because we’re going to see Halo supported constantly for years. This helps so much not having to build entire new games every 5 years but just stick to the one “platform” game and add on to it. I think this is less pressure on them and it would for sure stop things like the July event happening because people have more expectations for a brand new game than lets say a DLC update or something like that. They can let their hair down and not have to focus so much on building another game that will just replace the old one.

I think they might even do this with Gears too and Forza Motorsport. It’s going to stop the whole “xbox is just Forza, Gears and Halo” if they’re not releasing them every few years haha.

1 Like

I agree, extremely excited about that stuff myself.

I’m picturing that the campaign is open ended in the sense that it lets you explore the halo after the game is over and you have done all the side stuff. Even if there’s nothing to do. There will then be an expansion. One example is the flood are unleashed on the halo. Opening up new quests for people who beat the Game.

From the July demo it’s obvious that atriox is the big bad of the game. But maybe we don’t even beat him in the initial game and it’s not till an expansion that the final showdown happens.

we have to remember that the main reason they built this engine was for the ease of adding content. People are thinking we get 2 or 3 expansions over the course of 10 years but what if it’s actually a sizable expansion every year till they stop supporting the game. With smaller seasons in between.

2 Likes

Yea I think thats very probable as long as the story has a beginning middle and end and feels complete its all good with me

1 Like

I do think it will be tricky if they try to draw out the fight with atriox. The summer demo made it feel like his general is the big bad guy of the game. Where’s atriox in this, where’s cortona, flood? We really don’t know much about the campaign still.

In shadows of reach atroix did go to zeta halo with escharum as he’s now off the ark

Saw someone post this i looked its changed back to coming day 1 to gamepass

1 Like

I hope it’s fake. Really hope the game is coming late September.

Usually when Microsoft and other publishers have a game coming in November they say holiday. Holiday indicates November/December. When publishers say fall it makes people think September/October even though fall doesn’t end till late December. Case n point would be halo infinite was announced originally as holiday 2020.

It could also just be an attempt to soften the blow of the game coming in November.

Its more likely as I believe November 15 2021 is the anniversary of Halo Combat Evolved. And Halo Infinite is sort of meant to be a spiritual reboot.

2 Likes

Yea exactly and Bonnie ross specifically brought up the anniversary on Twitter when that big update hit

2 Likes

Christmas haul

5 Likes

I wonder if Infinite will launch with planned year 1 DLC disguised as part of the main package.

That would be a win but we’ll see

:joy: lol

But conceded that the next battlefield will outshine infinite in some regards. It’s looking like a next gen only game and ea said it will have “scale never seen before”. They are also taking there time with this one compared to previous games.

Really hoping infinite is out by September and gets onto its own 2 feet. If it waits till November it will be up against COD and battlefield 6. Possibly others as well. The new rainbow six game couple be holiday.

My predictions -

• Battlefield 6 / October 8th
  • COD 2021 / October 29th
  • Halo Infinite / November 12th

I think infinite will be on 15th but we’ll see

I can’t see Microsoft releasing Halo Infinite on a Monday when majority will be going back to work/school after the weekend (barring a lock down of course) just to have the game released exactly on the same day. Three days earlier isn’t going to make any difference or affect their 20th Anniversary and would be better because vast majority would have the entire weekend to play the game and you know people would take off work/school for that Friday.

I originally thought that November 5th would be the day but since I see Battlefield and COD releasing on what I posted above, I believe that Microsoft will give it the extra week. Also, I can see X021 happening the week before the game releases.