Halo Infinite Tech Preview July 29th- Aug 1st

Even more excited watching what they’re bringing with Infinite. This looks like so much fun.

Sweet!

I wonder if there will be some noticeable differences or just a bit better textures, higher resolution with single pixels with more to see in famous DF’s 400% zoom.

God this looks so good. WHERE’S MY EMAIL!?

Looks great !

Resolution of course too, but I can see campaign having even bigger differences between the consoles. But we gotta wait for… whenever they show that.

Halo Infinite Battle Pass Breakdown

Halo Infinite Customization Breakdown

Halo Infinite Settings Breakdown

3 Likes

just me or anyone else wondering why they didn’t show off the grappling hook in any of the MP demos today?

Halo Infinite Xbox One Gameplay

1 Like

SOCIAL ARENA (CONDITIONAL)

If we’re able to hit our target engagement and testing goals for the Bot Slayer before the flight concludes, we’re looking to enable a brief opportunity for some good old fashion 4v4 Social Arena Slayer. If we hit this phase, expect it to land sometime in the final stretch of the flight (i.e. Sunday evening) and expect there to be a few potential hiccups with your experience.

Specifically, we know that in some cases players will end up in a bad state as a session is forming and after a brief delay, will be kicked back to the main menu. As a result, the game itself will start as 4v3 which is certainly a less than desired experience all-around. However, as a technical preview, getting additional scale data around this problem, across a breadth of hardware, can be invaluable to the team as they work to solve this issue. Based on our prior private flights, we can generally expect that on average, a match will start with a full 4v4 approx. 60% of the time while the other 40% involves a 4v3 start with the final player joining-in-progress within a minute.

We’d love to get some additional testing and data to help the team, but we really want to ensure players understand the experience and potential hiccups before jumping in. Tech preview participants should stay tuned to @Halo and the in-game news feed to know if and when Social Arena gets enabled.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/tech-preview-overview

1 Like

Halo Infinite running on Xbox Series X (full slayer game)

5 Likes

6 Likes

It looks good. But I was never a MP Halo guy. I played it and they were fun for about a week.

I’m more curious about the campaign. Are they going to go all out or will it have a mediocre generic campaign like 5

What did everyone thing of the gameplay? Mostly talking about the full match shown.

• The good

Sprinting speed seams toned down, thrusting, ground pounding and charge are gone. Bigger focus on equipment, less focus on power weapons(I hate when there are 3 or more weapons on a map). Graphics are good. Like that camo and overshied are equipment and can be stored. Very happy that the radar range has been increased from 18 meters from 5 to 20, combined with slower sprinting makes radar useable again. Hitmarkers are gone for gernades in competitive.

• the bad

Biggest issue is how small the map was. Game of 50 over in 7 minutes. None of the 3 maps have vehicles. Which means to me the focus is going to be small maps like halo 5. I liked the days of halo 1,2,3, and reach where warthogs and ghosts could be in 4v4. In halo 3 maps had quiet areas, places where there wasn’t a lot of combat. In 5(and now this apparently) I don’t like that every area has to be a heavy footprint area. The player got a double kill and an assist. Before his health could regenerate the same players where shooting at the player, hate that. Too small maps.

Other minor issues. Not happy that they replaced my favorite gun(carbine) with a bust fire tracking gun. I’m halo 5 you couldn’t regenerate shields while sprinting, in this you can.

Overall I was happy. Though I wanted a move towards older halo’s in map design but looks like that isn’t happening.

This preview does not have all maps. Vehicles and larger maps will be added in a forthcoming beta.

2 Likes

Yeah, it probably won’t be in that tech test. It seems like a pretty limited test really. As they stated, they are testing their backend. It’s not an alpha or a beta, they were pretty clear about that.

2 Likes

has anyone gotten the followup mail already?

No, we’ll get emails way after the tech test has started. We will get a message on waypoint first, as it’s faster.

You will be able to download the build when it’s ready later today. No preload.

2 Likes

thanks! Gon be a busy night for me then lol

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. I will absolutely go for a few matches, especially the Warzone type of maps but Halo has always been about the campaign for me. Sadly enough the reveal was underwhelming (putting it mildly) and this year it was a very brief flyby and a cinematic. I sure hope they have a…you know…proper gameplay reveal planned way before release.

All in all , this whole thing has just been very unusual and who knows how the campaign will be. I don’t look too fondly back to 5 because of the overkill or Warden Eternal fights, it ruined a lot. So with Infinite I hope they indeed go all out and I hoped E3 was that time for them to show big improvements and stuff.

We’ll see eh. I am keeping my expectations very normal for it, honestly I’m not hyped yet about the game.