Halo Infinite (Campaign) Review OT

It’s actually crazy to think about that Microsoft Games studio has 4 games that could be up for GOTY. We’re going to be good this gen

1 Like

Dude is not wrong, I had lots and lots of doubts about how HI would turn out, so it’s a huge relief and just awesome all around to see this praise now.

Joseph sounds like a God’s send for sure.

1 Like

@Doncabesa do you agree with the criticism around same-y forerunner tunnel missions? I don’t mind it but I can get someone who is less crazy about Halo docking points for it.

As most did, I expected the high 80s so I don’t think it’s necessary to get worked up over randomly low reviews.

1 Like

Sometimes you need a inspirational figure to rally the troops…lol.

1 Like

Hopefully it sends a lasting effect throughout the team, they should know now what Halo is and what it shouldn’t be.

11 Likes
5 Likes

Fantastic job!

5 Likes

Going to guess this comes in at 88. The reviews seem to add a couple pts as stragglers come in.

This post isn’t to fanboy but just a reminder that most games nowadays get anywhere from low to high 80’s on metacritic and counting points doesn’t matter and anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong.

1 Like

So even with the world map not being as varied as it was in previous Halo games, some tech issues and graphics not being up there with the best of the best it still scores that high and that’s saying something. I am genuinely surprised and super happy for the team, I can’t wait to play it myself now. Sounds like if it had been released in time for TGA it would have been a contender.

There’s always next year.

Ha ! Before scrolling down I was going to mention that it is the same score as Spiderman which I am told is the quality that Xbox should strive for.

2 Likes

Halo 4 is an 87 also. When you look at actual facts this quality gap doesn’t really exist.

2 Likes

I would hope that Joseph is staying at 343 in the long term.

3 Likes

He is

To be fair there was a lull midway through the last generation, but the narrative doesn’t really work now.

Just popping in to say that I’m really thrilled for Halo fans and the team responsible. It must be very gratifying and cathartic to see such a positive reaction after such an embattled development, and I hope you fine folks here all have a glorious experience :grin:

I’m gonna play and almost certainly enjoy this, and I really hope that this conveys the message that it’s OK to delay a game (financial factors notwithstanding)

3 Likes

Oh xbox lol

2 Likes

Lifetime contract that man

smh they really fucked up with that