Halloween and Spooky Season 2021 |OT| It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Strong disaggrement.

Halloween has by far the worst sequels. Halloween 4, 5 and 6 are so bad, THEY RETCONNED THEM TWICE.

TWICE

IN THE SAME FRANCHISE.

Sorry, You are wrong.

Halloween II, Halloween Season of the Witch, Halloween 2018, the last 2/3 of the Rob Zombie remake (basically start the movie after the white trash intro) are better than all of the Nightmare sequels.

Nightmare on Elm Street has the original which is genre defining, Dream Warriors that is decent, and New Nightmare which is okay. The rest are abject trash.

The Nightmare movies are at least consistent Freddy is the same in every movie.

Halloween goes from Michael Myers being pure evil and the shape of man’s true nature, to being Laurie’s older brother, to being the victim of an ancient Celtic curse

Nightmare IV is watchable, Nightmare V is trash, and Freddy’s Dead is the worst, but their still watchable if you like Freddy.

Rob Zombie’s Halloween movie are awful. Turned the shape of evil into another psycho hillbilly trash.

And NIghtmare on Elm Street didn’t have this

You gonna tell me that Busta Rhymes saying Trick or Treat Mother****er then killing Michael Myers with Crowbar Kung-Fu is not as bad as the Freddy sequels.

It doesnt matter if it is consistent if they are consistently bad. I literally just watched the entire series this week. They are bad movies. Halloween has sequels that are just flat out better than anything in the nightmare series outside of the first movie. Even the hilly billy trash part of RZ is better than any of the nightmare sequels.

You are fighting a straw man right now, Nightmare being worse, doesn’t mean that that some of the Halloween sequels aren’t equally bad. There are more watchable Halloween movies than Nightmare on Elm Street movies.

Scream is 3/4 and Friday the 13th was never good, so all of them are on equal footing. The just have a lot of hilarious deaths which make them enjoyable.

I say this as an owner of the complete collections of all of them.

I will however honor your point about busta rhymes, that is hands down the worst thing in any of the movies being discussed.

Just watched it. One of the most genuinely unsettling horror movies ive seen in a while. The actor who played Doris did a fantastic job

FLANANGAN DON’T MISS.

It’s one of the best horror prequel/sequels ever made.

Don’t have my spooky month video list quite done yet, but I know I’m including some Del Toro and Del Toro produced stuff in it.

I love Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark as that movie OOZES Halloween atmosphere.

Spooky Season Update:

Finished Creepshow Season 2 and started Season 3.

Season 3 starts off so strong.

Great spooky season anthology series that mixes horror and humor.

Just watched Happy Death Day 2 U. Such a stupid sequel but its so stupid that i love it. Really feels like they watched Steins;Gate and were like “Yes, that but silly”

Freaky is alot of fun as well. Shame it was buried in theaters during the pandemic.

So this goes without saying but

If you’re not playing Visage for Spooky Season… WTF are you doing?!

It’s very scary, moody, and probably the best PT clone on the market.

AND IT’S ON GAMEPASS.

Halloween Kills is now available with Peacock on Xbox One and Xbox Series consoles.

Okay, just got done with Halloween Kills

It’s both terrible and amazing.

It’s terrible as a follow-up to Halloween 2018 H2018 was mostly grounded reboot of the franchise, that I think would have been a perfect ending to the series or at least the story of Laurie Strode.

As a mindless slasher film? IT’S AWESOME. Holy shit, Michael looks perfect, he’s meancing throughout the movie, and the kills are BRUTAL. The soundtrack SLAPS in all the right places at the right time.

It’s pure B-Movie 80’s Slasher junkfood and I loved every second of it.

So if you wanted a grounded continuation of H2018, you’re not getting that.

If you want walking path of death and devestation Michael Myers killing his way through everything he comes across, then it’s worth every penny.

The fucking soundtrack is S-Tier.

https://youtu.be/VnyigpFSai4

Today’s the Day!

1 Like

Watched Halloween Kills on halloween, damn good movie.

1 Like

1 Like

Since is November 1st, who wants to start the christmas thread? lmao

Gimme a week.

1 Like

Can i shut down this thread now

Say your last goodbyes