GTA VI Discussion & Speculation / Hopes & Fears / Dreams & Nightmares

You nail it @Staffy And I believe that’s on what Rockstar is working to go back to this level of interactivity. The community also screaming from the rooftops to get back to this level of interaction with the world. Cause GTA V was a bit disappointing in that aspect sadly. The RDR2 NPC interaction system is a culmination of previous work that already started in San Andreas if you remember you could talk to NPCs already and CJ had contextual things to say even based on this weight lol.

For me in terms of content and depth GTA San Andreas was the best of the best. In terms of story it was GTA IV and in terms of ambiance it was GTA Vice City. Rockstar should make a mix of these 3 plus all the new technological advancements they’re working on.

Did you read in detail the I.A patent they are working on? It sounds completely incredible. Various driving styles A.I behaviours based on NPcs profiles and it doesn’t stop there.

@Friday @Ruthwik_Rao For me I found GTA V story a bit too wacky and goofy at times. I love this game but I prefer GTA IV story by a huge margin. Best blance between seriousness and wacky when needed.

I agree with you GTA should keep its fun and not be like Red Dead which is great like it is. Each franchise has its style. But I think the next GTA will borrow certain things from Red Dead.

Also I think the next GTA will keep the character switch system which was awesome but restricted to 2 characters. 1 man drug dealer & 1 women cop in Vice City with 2 eras. Firstly starting in the 80’s then going in the modern day.

1 Like

Next GTA gonna cost 1 billion $ or more I think

Fairly Oddparents Burn GIF

No I was going to read that soon, as well as that Reddit thread about Rockstar itself that you linked .

Switching eras with the characters would be wild tbh

1 Like

Yeah it could be 1 character in the past and the other in the future with actions impacting the timeline why not if it’s interesting in the end of course.

1 Like

There have been rumors about multiple protagonists again, right?

I think this was back on RE that someone leaked a long piece of text about GTA 6 and there was some really promising stuff in there. Personally I would be fine with one protagonist too, like RDR2.

Haha, I remember how folks on Gtaforums.com were speculating that there would be like 8 or so different protagonists, because they based that on the very first trailer with all the different characters riding in a group. Good times.

For GTA VI yep there were some rumors about multiple protagonists.

And for RDR2? I believe Rockstar were also experimenting with multiple protagonists but went back to only one for a more intimate story and journey. And they were right on that.

2 Likes

didn’t tom handerson say that it has a male and a female protog to which Jason Schrier said that he heard the same ?

Maybe but I don’t remember, do you have a source please?

Considering the amount of detail and stuff that can be done in RDR 2, im looking forward to GTA 6. Really hoping the Miami drug cartel rumors are true. I will be very happy.

1 Like