Grubb: Kojima in talks with Microsoft to publish his next game

Kojima has his own engine Fox.

But for the last game, I think he used Decima.

Haven’t completed a Kojima game since MGS 2 and disliked it. MGS 1998 though is an all time classic masterpiece. Loved that game. Kojima’s games aren’t for me anymore but getting him to agree to a multi-game exclusive deal for Xbox/PC would be huge for Microsoft and the Xbox brand.

People are already salty! My My

ezgif-3-250e5ebc52cc

5 Likes

I dunno, could be true but I wouldn’t get excited until he announces it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Fox Engine is still a Konami engine.

Could this be the allegedly Stadia x Kojima game which was canceled/declined in an early stage ? I’ve read somewhere that Kojima is interested in streaming services and the most logical product after Stadia would be Xcloud.

2 Likes

zdnwQ5S

3 Likes

Xbox aint fuckin around this gen

1 Like

5 Likes

:eyes:

1 Like

Lol I almost just want the game to be Xbox exclusive because it would be hilarious and a weird turn of events. You know what it makes complete sense why this would happen, he probably wants to make whacky shit and Sony wouldn’t really like these random non proven types of games. Apparently, DS performed poorly sales wise and other targets so I can see why Sony would avoid that in future.

But on Xbox Game Pass is a thing, MS could give him some cash and he could make the crazy shit and it doesn’t have to sell. He would probably have a lot more creative freedom because of Game Pass. Then there was that Google Stadia shit he wanted to do but got canned, probably no way Sony would take that on so Xbox was probably the next big choice for him.

Fuck it’s such a weird, crazy cool time for Xbox haha can’t even believe were even talking about this.

5 Likes

Ikr its bonkers

1 Like

June would be around the time Kojima reportedly failed to get Stadia funding for his cloud-based horror game. Microsoft would be the natural next candidate to support the project, having used the Power of the Cloud successfully in Flight Sim and less successfully in Crackdown 3. Unlike Google, Microsoft has a ton of money earmarked for investing in game development and eagerness to write those checks.

3 Likes

I think it’s just using the graphics engine + whatever tech they used for the seasons/weather I’d bet. The vast majority of ForzaTech’s unique code base is in physics handling for gameplay that they’d have no use for outside a racing game. Playground would wanna keep using it for ease of use as they move FH team members over to Fable after FH5.

I’m betting MS isn’t gonna keep the IP to whatever comes of this, so if it isn’t Silent Hill and is instead something new, Kojima’s team would retain IP rights. That makes me think they’d use a more portable engine solution since they wouldn’t want to get a sequel and take it multiplat and still rely on an XGS-owned engine.

Correction: Microsoft ain’t fucking around this gen. :wink:

4 Likes

Unreal then?

I bet so. Hard to think of a better choice tbh.

2 Likes

Yea

If the rumor with Google was true, this makes sense. After Stadia imploded you would look to the next big cloud providers: Amazon, Microsoft, certainly not Sony.

hahaha, thats good

2 Likes

Good fan boy war material :laughing:

war face GIF

1 Like