Grubb: Kojima in talks with Microsoft to publish his next game

Yes they do, it was the reason they went with microsoft instead of sony.

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/983793903244525569?s=20

1 Like

Now Iā€™m wasting too much time looking t that damn shelf.

1 Like

From my understanding this is true. They might have pitched the game to Xbox with a bunch of others publishers. But yeah one of the games they are working on is for Epic because of ownership of IP stuffā€¦

6 Likes

Yes. Yes they do

1 Like

@Shpeshal_Nick any other things happening for Japanese games coming to Xbox :eyes:. Naw but Iā€™m wondering if the game will be horror or a different kind of game

NO idea. I wish I knew.

If itā€™s a horror game I"m all in. Anything outside of that and I couldnā€™t be less interested. The last game he made that I genuinely liked was Ground Zeroes.

Well, from that shelf alone we had WD Legion and Sekiroā€¦

1 Like

I assume itā€™s going to be a horror game and Iā€™m here for it

Xbox should try and license the Silent Hill IP

1 Like

Yesā€¦yes he did

2 Likes

Well, wasnā€™t it with Google?

Yeah. Like I said, the DM only said it wasnā€™t with Sony. I knew nothing else beyond that.

Itā€™s the statue on Philā€™s shelf that was the clue

3 Likes

Kojima is perfect for gamepass. Iā€™m not ready to pay $70 for it but more then willing to download from gamepass.

Curious how far out this game could be. They arenā€™t big enough to work on multiple games are they? Would be interesting if they were able to retain everything after Google dropped them.

Itā€™d be using new engine, so likely a little bit out yet Iā€™d assume. 2023 maybe. Bet he uses UE5 for it. I honestly would be surprised if this wasnā€™t the episodic Silent Hill game we heard about a lil while back connected to the Bloober rumor. I wonder if those Silent Hill rumor mongers could have been referring to this and presuming it was connected to Sony via the Kojima angle.

Just imagine if those Silent Hill rumors were true except the game ends up being Kojimaā€™s Silent Hills published by MS. 0.0

3 Likes

Yeah, I think he will go with UE5 aswell. Maybe Forzatech? Itā€™s been 8 years since Kojima last developed a new engine.

Forzatech offers him nothing for a horror game.

Well, we could say the same about a RPG game and yet Playground is supposedly using an altered version of the engine on Fable. FTech is more likely than id Tech imo.

My original point is just that I donā€™t see KP developing a new engine.

A single tab for rumours wonā€™t cut it at the rate you are getting them.

1 Like

giphy (10) tenor (2)

5 Likes

If MS and Kojima are still in talks, id be very suprised if it used an MS engine unless the game hasnā€™t started at all yet.