Gran Turismo 7 - Deep Forest Raceway Gameplay (PS5/ PS4)

I’m yet to see any sort of third person perspective gameplay, something seems fishy…

1 Like

The cross-gen nature of the game is what’s probably the reason some of the track detail is paired back, on the other hand Horizon 5 is also cross-gen and it’s a big step-up from last gen (even the One X) so it’s maybe PD’s engine that need updating or something.

Also FH is not in any way a full arcade racing…god I feel old again.:stuck_out_tongue: :phil_lmao:

2 Likes

I saw this yesterday and honestly was a bit shocked. Perhaps FH5 has spoiled me but I don’t think this looks close to as good as driveclub. Perhaps that’s just my memory. But track racer for me had to look better than this. Noticeable LOD transitions everywhere and in an open world I can accept that but for a track racer they’ve got to bet better hidden. The environment also looks very last gen.

I don’t have a big problem with the track side detail. You guys want to see a ferris wheel or drive through an aquarium or something? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They want the camera as low as possible. Anytime the camera has been pulled up people have compared some assets to PS2 era graphics. There are flaws that they are trying to hide.

3 Likes

I love the camera movement in first person, feels like it’s tethered to the head of the driver and you feel the subtle follow through shake that happens with your body as the car responds to ambient changes on the track.

1 Like

I thought it looked fine just a bit of lod pop in.

Looks okay. The environment looks a bit off, a little bit cut-and-paste with the trees maybe? The lighting looks good, but maybe a bit inconsistent, like subdued when outside, but crazy when going through the tunnel. The sound is the same old disappointing GT IMO. The cockpit view seems a bit too forward and low, probably best to play with the chase cam anyway.

I dunno definitely got see how it plays.

Wish whoever made this could sync things up better, but I know it’s hard getting same car and speed.

The reviews are amazing, but I feel like fan reaction to this game is weirdly… muted, maybe? Some of the streams and podcasts I listen to are big PlayStation partisans and even those people, it’s like they don’t quite know what to do with a game that’s not a third-person adventure where you shoot or stab people. :laughing: I don’t know if it’s that Gran Turismo itself has been out of the spotlight for so long, or if racing games in general just don’t speak to fans they way they used to?

The latter imo, racing games just doesn’t spark that much dialogue in general. Especially simulators.

2 Likes

can’t wait, already have it preloaded

1 Like

Mine’s in the mail, I’m curious to see DF’s PS4 coverage because that’s where I’ll be playing. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Even more when is one as “realistic” as GT. The franchise as a lot of fans though, they will be more than enough.

Why is this game online only? Seems bizarre for Single player to be that way. Good luck to the game I guess. I have 0 interest in Sim racers. Same goes for Forza 8.

I think Sony will eventually start to see the back lash in always pushing SP narrative games so much, The efforts towards other genre’s will fall on it’s face and on the other side of it eventually people will get tried of the Sony Template. Sony fans are a very narrow focused group. So they are going to push away people that like various genre’s and the one genre they put all their money in will eventually lead people to get tired of it.

Meanwhile Xbox will have a steady mix of every type of game and the top of each genre and with Gamepass have a cheap point of entry for people to jump to/

2 Likes

Lol… but people still bring up the 2D crowds from Forza Motorsport 5 as some kind of knock against Xbox so I’ll allow it. :laughing:

1 Like

Really enjoying the game so far. I don’t have a ton of prior experience with GT so the nostalgia factor is not really present for me, and there are several gameplay aspects where I prefer how Forza Motorsport does it, but there’s definitely a unique vibe to Gran Turismo that’s a lot of fun.

1 Like

Finally got this in the mail yesterday, put about an hour and a half into it and I’m sort of not impressed at all. I was never a big GT fan, i owned GT:4 but didnt really get into it, I gravitated more towards Forza Motorsport instead.

I’m not a fan of the career mode, it doesn’t feel like a career, feels like “a la cart” races, just random things like go race these races and get these cars. Again, I’m only an hour and a half into it, maybe it gets better(?).

Graphically, the videos looked phenomenal, in person, not so much. It has this sort of dim picture going on and I can’t explain it. I’m playing on my LG CX and boy it looks really dim. I had to turn up the brightness of the game.

In the cockpit view, it plays fine, but when I’m in the third person, it doesn’t look like the car is interacting with the road, it looks like a bumper car gliding around instead of turning. It’s really weird.

Not to compare it to other games, but I don’t even think it looks better than Horizon 5 on the Series X.

With that said, I’m going to play more, but I’m craving going back into Horizon Forbidden West instead of playing this.

I’m am very excited to see Turn10 finally show off Forza proper this year though. I think it’s going to blow a lot of people away.