GOTY 2021 |UT| Xbox Game Studios Discussion

Peter - stop it.

You need a cleansing class of some kind for your opinions. LOL

2 Likes

None of them. Maybe AoE at best.

Just being honest. Look at history. Has a sports/racing game or those examples ever won? Nope. Have any of them ever been nominated? This im not 100% sure on but I wouldn’t be shocked if the answer was no.

As a reminder to everyone, the game of the year award is not the end all be all. Dragon Age Inquisition won in 2014, its never in the gaming conversation anymore nor do many people rank it even in their top 10 wRPGs.

idk why people care about what wins GOTY anyway other than cookie points.

1 Like

Pretty much just weird cookie points. Good word of mouth plays a far larger part in a games success than an award from some award show that most people watch just to see new reveal trailers.

Agreed.

What the hell are “cookie points”? Can I have some?

I think Deathloop winning will litterally be win-win-win-win-win-win to everyone

1 Like

I hope Arcane gets it because they have made so many good games and always get overlooked. I also hope Psyconaughts 2 wins for the same reason. Id love forza to win for the meltdowns

If you really think about studios that would really benefit it’s definitely Arkane.

1 Like

I don’t really care about GotY but FH5 winning would open such a salt mine. I would very much enjoy this!

2 Likes

Isn’t comedy drama with a laugh track?

1 Like

I’ve never seen a movie with a laugh track :wink:

I feel like alot of people soured on the game as they got deeper into it. Metroid Dread is feeling like the front runner right now.

You can shittalk botw all you like. It’s one of the best games last gen and absolutely miles ahead of games like origins. For starters. It doesn’t suffer from ubi open world cancer that is icons everywhere and pointless shit everywhere. Botw is inventive and inspired in a way ubisoft games can only dream of. Origins was actually decent but Odyssey and valhalla are absolute botefests of open world games. They cured my Insomnia.

To each their own. Botw dominated 2017 but should have done so by more.

Real gems of 2017 like Nioh and Yakuza 0 got shafted in favor of pretty generic games like horizon.

1 Like

Metroid dread won’t win much. Too hardcore. Rachet or returnal will win. Mark this post. Most likely rachet. Like is said. Half the critics only play ps5 games. So it’s going to get more votes regardless.

Amen. BotW bashing has become a bad meme. It’s always the worst possible take.

1 Like

To each their own like you said. BOTW IS a Ubisoft open world game but WITHOUT all the icons on the map. Add all the icons and what’s the difference? There isn’t any in my opinion. It’s one of the game of the years that I strongly disagree with. I just didn’t see what all the hoopla was about. And to this day, I still side with Jim Sterling who gave it a 7/10. That’s exactly where it belongs in my opinion.

In fairness though, im not a Nintendo guy and have only completed Link to the Past and Link’s Awakening Remake. I can however acknowledge that Ocarina of Time is a masterpiece and revolutionary. I just don’t see any of that in BOTW.

Also, Horizon/Origins does everything better. Tombs/Dungeons are better. Combat/gameplay is better. Visuals are obviously better. Full voice acting/music/sound better. And both have a far better story/characters. And the worlds are better than BOTW. The only positive for me when I played BOTW was the visuals/art style and the weather effects. That’s literally it. And this is before I get to all the shitty tedious garbage that makes Origins/Horizon look like a classic in comparison.

But again, to each their own.

This is why just like with reviews, the only game of the year that should matter to anyone is their own.

Nioh and Yakuza Zero were both a great 8.5/10 for me. Enjoyed both games. You can add in Nier Automata as well and im not even a Platinum Games fan at all.

2 Likes
2 Likes