Gotham Knights Reveal and Gameplay Trailers (2022)

I do believe that there will be level gating because why have a level system if you can be level 2 and go straight to level 20 area/mission? I believe that you’ll be allowed to attempt the mission but will probably get slaughtered. Kind of like the level isn’t required but more like being recommended because if you’re not at that level or close to it, you’ll most likely be dying a lot.

I’m not expecting micro-transactions outside of maybe cosmetics and there were no loot chests in the gameplay trailer so I don’t think it’s loot driven like Avengers. I think it’s more of a skill tree setup where you get skill points when you reach the next level and then build the characters the way you want as im expecting various skill trees that allow different builds and play-styles.

P.S. - In case you missed it, I added the image you posted to the Opening Post last night and credited you. If you (or anyone else for that matter) get valid and verified info for the game and want me to add it to the opening post, I will do so.

1 Like

This game looked like a legit stunner to me. As long as I can rock solo or online every now and again, I’m all in! Between this and the new Batman amd Snyder cut trailer yesterday, I was a weeping fool. WB overload.

2 Likes

Thanks man appreciate it. If I find more infos will post it again. Later we need to have specific info threads for the different incoming games to inform all the people interested.

Yeah for the level gating it is exactly what I understood too but it has to be done dell it’s a tough balance to manage. AC Odyssey I have bad memories about it lol. I just wish them the best cause WB Montreal are insanely talented just let them time please to ploish the game and balance it accordingly. Arkham Origins had bugs and glitches unfortunately due to rushing it out the door. Hope this one will get all the attention because I really love the premise with the Court of Owls.

Look carefully the video again, you can see at some moments Batgirl receiving components or loot when she defeated the foes, we still don’t know what it is really yet. Probably craft? But for what?

You’re welcome and cool. As games get announced and revealed, there will definitely be topics posted by those here including myself. For this topic, when new trailers get released, I’ll update the opening post and whatnot.

I 100% completed Odyssey and the way I play, if anything I was over leveled for the vast majority of the game because I complete region by region before moving on to the next region. Difference is that Gotham Knights won’t be anywhere near as massive as Odyssey was so that definitely affects it all. I’m not worried about the game and only issue would be what you said about Origins.

I just watched both trailers a third time and I didn’t see any components so I’ll have to watch that again more closely but there’s no actual loot chests that the character has to open like in Avengers. It probably is resources for crafting. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Yes I don’t speak about loot chests didn’t see any too I just speak about the ressources or components Batgirl got while defeating enemies on the screen a small window with a pic appeared, maybe for crafting suits or cosmetics?

How does it work in Avengers? I have still to play the beta

Yeah, I know. I’ll have to re-watch the trailer and pay attention to the stuff that Batgirl collects.

As for Avengers, there’s actual loot chests in the game that gives you better armor and whatnot. I haven’t played the Beta but I will be buying it for Series X at launch as the combat looks good.

Ah ok thanks for the explanation. Just hope they are not making “Checklist: The Game”

Red Hood now is in bat family in this game and follows the bat code meaning no killing so no lethal guns

Didnt find anything exciting about this game. Felt a bit generic to me, Visuals look good atleast.

@peter42O

Here is a good summary video with lots of new details we missed

Added the video to the OP bud. Thanks.

1 Like

You’re welcome!

@peter42O

New stuff! Lots of new juicy info. I’m relieved.

Batman Gotham Knights: Our Biggest Questions, Answered

Combat, co-op, playing alone, level gating, and more questions answered.

With new pics, damn it looks so good!

2 Likes

I hadn’t seen the 4k gameplay footage just yet, do we know what that captured on?

Either way, it look awesome. Personally, I’ve never been a big fan of games based on comicbooks but this looks awesome. As someone who hasn’t played the Arkham games, will I need (or at least want) to play those before picking this up?

You won’t need to due to the fact that this is in a separate universe. But, they’re awesome (especially Origins (that’s right Arkham fans)) so I say play them. The main trilogy (Asylum, City, & Knight) is on sale at the Microsoft Store right now.

1 Like

We still don’t yet which platform it was running on. Nonetheless it looked amazing, despite the frame dips etc. Optimization will come at the end as usual.

It is not necessary cause it is in an alternate timeline but if you want to try the Arkham series go for it they are really good. Just don’t rush them to avoid the franchise fatigue.

I’m going to guess that it was running on PC. Added the IGN article to the opening post.

1 Like

Reading that both players in Co-Op can play as the same character, & the fact that 4 player Co-Op is not an option due to not wanting to change the map/level design, makes me think that this is definitely a solo, story first game. Co-Op is just a fun addition.

As a single player console only gamer, let me say…WOOHOO!!! lol.

3 Likes

Yesssirrr. This article was good news top to bottom.

Agreed.