Godfall Ultimate Edition coming to xbox consoles April 7th

Theres literally no marketing for this game on xbox. No pre order up or even extensive gameplay for xbox version. Noone has the xbox version either for preview.

Absolute scandelous from gearbox

You lick sonys ass for a year with the timed exclusivity and now you cant even be bothered to wxpose this game more for an audience that may want to try it. Im done with these biased shitty companies.

Soā€¦ Anyone buy it? Anyone like it?

It has a truly massive 135 players logged on TA so canā€™t imagine many have bought it.

Holy Sh!t thatā€™s low lmao

Read on Reddit that it apparently looks bad on S.

Unexpected plot twist. I was fully on team wait for gamepass this whole time. But then I saw the sale they had for the Ultimate Edition. Typically $10 off doesnā€™t sound like a huge deal to most. But the way I looked at it, I remember this same version of the game running upwards of $100 at launch. 30 now for a complete version of what some unfortunately spent 100 on that was half bakedā€¦doesnā€™t sound so bad when you look at it that way.

Iā€™m 14 hours into it and I gotta be honest. I am pleasantly surprised at how much fun Iā€™ve been having. Itā€™s def not a great game nor is it for every kind of gamer. But itā€™s absolutely one where if you get into the gameplay loop, you have TONS of content to dig through for that $30 price tag. And on Series X it runs without any issues. Ppl on the fence should remain on the fence but I will say this muchā€¦if any of you had interest at any point, you might not want to put this off as much as you think. Game is a surprisingly fun package imo.

1 Like

That is awesome to hear!

1 Like

It reminds me of when Oddworld Soulstone became multiplat.

2 Likes

Spot on comparison

I got it played it for an hour and requested refund.

Really really pretty game but generic and unispired as hell.

The game was never 70 bucks. Just sony trying to scam people.

Godfall is fine. But jts so generic its unreal. Looks amazing though

It was basically a tech demo at launch for ps5.

2 Likes

Iā€™m personally not sure 1 hour is long enough to get a proper feel of any video game & what it has to offer but to each their own. Perfectly fair. Iā€™ve been asked about it elsewhere by a decent amount of people & my sentiment has been this. If youā€™re on the outside looking in, and you either previously or currently have interest of even the slightest amountā€¦try the game out & see if it lands. I didnā€™t go in expecting to be blown away or shown a genre bending experience. I simply went in looking for something that works, and something that is fun. It does and it is.

Now for the other side that didnā€™t have interest Iā€™d still tell that crowd to stay away. Godfalls entire angle is the gameplay loop. & each players ability to either buy into it or not. Which is why I said ppl with interest more often than not will find a lot to do here. But if the interest isnā€™t there, I donā€™t see anything really that the game does that would change that crowds minds.

Iā€™d also say to those on the fence not to fully make evaluations at the surface level (meaning clips & videos). Thereā€™s quite a bit going on here that you wonā€™t catch unless youā€™re hands on. The combat for example can seem very basic. Or as Shin put it generic and uninspired. But if you actually pay attention to mechanics & what each mechanic doesā€¦thereā€™s tons of depth to the combat baked into what appears simple at first.

The block/parry is prime example. Anyone that loved Sekiro would find themselves right at home here. GF has the same system with defense to influence posture. They also have whatā€™s called a weakpoint system for dodge players where making ppl miss rewards you with a target to hit that is a guaranteed crit. & for offensive types thereā€™s the Soulshatter. Which allows your light attacks to prime your heavy attacks to either deal a high burst of dmg in one fast window or outright one shot enemies whole sale. & all of these mechanics apply to the bosses as well.

All of this & others are in there. But as I said aboveā€¦you might not fully discover or appreciate any of these things if you limit yourself to a 1 hour session before pulling the plug. But also as I said, thatā€™s perfectly fair & every player is within their right to their take.

I played Godfall last year on PS5 as I was able to buy it for $20 (and traded it in a few days later for $15) and my biggest issue was the combat/gameplay in regards to your character.

For example, say you have an enemy in front of you and to your right and left. Meaning three enemies in front and to your sides. If youā€™re facing the enemy in front of you, you can attack them but you canā€™t attack the enemies to the sides unless you move your character and the camera to where youā€™re now facing that enemy.

This was a massive negative for me because take Assassinā€™s Creed for example. I can be surrounded by enemies and I donā€™t need to rotate the camera and my character in order to attack an enemy on my sides or behind me. I simply move the left analog stick in the direction and attack. In other words, itā€™s free flowing and fluid where as in Godfall, itā€™s stiff, clunky and not free flowing at all which especially in a looter slasher is a mistake in my opinion.

Godfall has superb visuals even though the bloom/lens flare is way overdone but can be decreased or turned off. But thatā€™s pretty much it. I played several hours and was like, this isnā€™t what I was personally hoping for.

1 Like

The level design is so dull. Very linear and the upgrade paths have no real accomplishment. This isnā€™t a story driven game so you can get the feel of it in a short time. And I wasnā€™t feeling it.

The over the shoulder camera worked for God of War due ot how cinematic it was and the metroidvania style level design. This loot driven direction doesnā€™t work. Everything is copy pasted with different paint. Same linear levels same structure.