God of War Ragnarok and Gran Turismo 7 confirmed as cross-gen, both coming in 2022

Wow I’m absolutely surprised by this!!! :hushed::hushed::hushed:

A couple? lol

There was a whole narrative online being pushed through all of 2020 til at the last minute we heard Spiderman and Horizon and whatnot were cross gen. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Because whenever Microsoft does something good and positive like cross-gen games, it’s seen as a negative while when Sony does the same, majority seem to just ignore it so when Microsoft ends cross-gen and Sony is doing it, it will be spun around to make it look like a positive for Sony and a negative for Microsoft.

Basically, I think it will get spun that way.

1 Like

No it won’t backfire. Xbox has so many more ways to access their games. Series X of course, but also Series S which is much easier to find, PC and streaming. Unlike the conservative oldschool approach of PlayStation, Xbox is actually ready to go fully into current gen-only.

‘Talkin bout my generatttionnnn’

8 Likes

Notice how their big franchises like Spiderman, Horizon, God of War and GT are cross gen and their ‘smaller’ franchises are next-gen only.

It is smart because it gives their fans the next-gen only fix but it completely negates any risk to the bottom line ultimately.

17 Likes

precisely this.

4 Likes

It’s been on repeat on my playlist for the past 30 minutes. I need to find something different to listen to, but can’t be bothered to hit NEXT.

1 Like

Don’t worry… It’s “only possible on PS5”.

No more loading corridors and breathtaking new game design am I right?

2 Likes

Haha, this is hilarious.

So what is Sony going to have for the holiday season with both the next GoW and GT7 delayed to 2022 and Horizon Forbidden West potentially not going to make it for the holiday season as well?

Suddenly Microsoft having Halo Infinite and Forza for the holiday seasons looks like a great lineup.

8 Likes

What’s available to rent for a few months from the market place?

Disagree, the transition to next-gen is widely understood to be a natural way of shifting your userbase to the new console, I don’t think it will happen.

And this is causing negative press to Sony, anyway:

https://twitter.com/Tolkoto/status/1400148595698028545?s=19

10 Likes

Yeah…I see Sony stringing us along with a Holiday 2022 release for god of war then delaying to April 2023…it’s not coming next year either.

It won’t. Spencer is looking like a visionary putting games on all their platforms as a philosophy and sticking with a plan and Sony looks like they are pulling “desperate” 180s about generations and PC ports.

3 Likes

That’s a first.

1 Like

There is a very important safety tipp:

“Don’t believe everything a company promises you by marketing”

Valid for all companies that want to sell you things.

This is just the most recent example.

13 Likes

That’s a second, actually, ahaha. The first wave of confusion and negative press happened after the PS5 reveal when they said Horizon, Sackboy and Miles Morales were cross-gen, and they buried the fact in a blogpost. Along with the rise in first-party games price too…

They have been hiding this for GoW and GT since then because the blowback would have been insane at the time.

1 Like

See also: Ragnarok is Coming 2021

*tapping PS4 * This baby has some mighty legs !

8 Likes

I don’t even have a Pro. Base PS4 still going strong!

4 Likes