'Get rid of the ballots...' -Trump

I can see that political topics aren’t common here and I genuinely like that aspect as someone steeped in it all day long as is. That said, these comments by POTUS are something that every single citizen in the US needs to be aware of.

I won’t try to frame this in any particular way or spin it or color it at all. Just watch Trump’s exchange with this reporter and how he answered the question:

“(G)et rid of the ballots and you’ll have a very … there won’t be a transfer, frankly. There’ll be a continuation,” he added, saying “the ballots are out of control.”

Further reading on how Trump plans to make sure he stays in power: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/09/trump-campaign-election-coup-bypass-biden-win

3 Likes

I’m with you, I see so many people that ignore much of what he says and does because it doesn’t directly affect them, but as someone who works in the gov, so many of the administrations decisions affect everyone negatively. The clear slide into authoritarian fascism by his and Barr’s actions should be frightening to everyone. I could spend an entire night going over exactly how his admin’s actions have eroded the scientific community (for which I work in), the atrocious response to COVID, criminality, and so much else… but I’m dealing with the flu and just don’t have the energy, but would be happy tomorrow to share my 15k of bookmarks from reputable sources that detail all those things, and answer any direct questions about his admin’s effects on my work.

3 Likes