Gamescom Opening Night Live 2020 |OT| Lose the Shirt, Lose the Pants, Lose Your Mind (Over, summary in OP)

Thread theme song

Opening Night Live is a two-hour live show kicking off Gamescom 2020 with trailers for 38 games from 18 different publishers, focusing on sharing new gameplay and updates on already-announced titles. Geoff Keighley and Sidney Goodman will host the main show on August 27 at 11:00 AM PDT/2:00 PM EDT/8:00 PM CEST, while Kyle Bosman will host the pre-show 30 minutes prior with additional world premieres.

YouTube, Twitch

Games confirmed to appear:

Complete list of gamescom 2020 partners

Pre-show:

• Scarlet Nexus gameplay (PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/PC)
  • Quantum Error gameplay (PS5/PS4/PC)
  • Dirt 5 gameplay (PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/PC/Stadia)
  • Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition reveal (NSW)

Main show:

• Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War cutscene (PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/PC)
  • Unknown 9: Awakening reveal trailer (PS5/XSX/PC)
  • DOOM Eternal: The Ancient Gods, Part One gameplay, releasing October 20 (PS4/XB1/PC/Stadia)
  • Dragon Age concept art and extremely WIP footage
  • Surgeon Simulator 2 launch trailer, releasing today (PC)
  • Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead reveal (PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/NSW/PC/iOS/Android)
  • Sam & Max: This Time It’s Virtual reveal (VR)
  • World of Warcraft: Shadowlands animated trailer, releasing October 13, 2020 (PC)
  • Warhammer: Stormground reveal trailer (PS4/XB1/NSW/PC)
  • Outriders gameplay (PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/PC/Stadia)
  • Teardown gameplay (PC)
  • Little Nightmares II gameplay reveal, delay to February 11, 2021 on current-gen, later in 2021 on next-gen (PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/NSW/PC)
  • Star Wars: Squadrons campaign reveal (PS4/XB1/PC)
  • The Sims 4 Star Wars pack reveal (PS4/XB1/PC)
  • 12 Minutes gameplay (XSX/XB1/PC)
  • Mafia: Definitive Edition gameplay (PS4/XB1/PC/Stadia)
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga gameplay reveal, delay to Spring 2021 (PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/NSW/PC)
  • Struggling gameplay, releasing today (NSW/PC)
  • Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition gameplay, October 15 release date (PC)
  • Chorus gameplay reveal (PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/PC/Stadia)
  • Fall Guys Season 2 sneak peek, releasing in October (PS4/PC)
  • Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond gameplay (Oculus VR)
  • Spellbreak trailer, releasing September 3 (PS4/XB1/NSW/PC)
  • Destiny 2: Beyond Light gameplay (PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/PC/Stadia)
  • Turrican Anthology Vol. I and Turrican Anthology Vol. II reveal (PS4/NSW)
  • Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart extended gameplay demo, releasing in PS5 “launch window” (PS5)
1 Like

What are they going to do? Reveal the entire lineup before the show?

I thought MS said Wasteland and AOE3 would be there as well.

Know this is an Xbox forum, but I really want to see more of Ratchet and Clank. Interested to see more of Wasteland as I’m waiting to play all of the new Xbox games on Series X in November. I just cannot use my 1S anymore except as a blu ray player … too painful.

So the only games I will be playing until November at this point are Indies

I know AoE3:DE was teased by the AoE Twitter account but I’m going by official confirmations from Geoff

I don’t see a problem with wanting to see more R&C, those level jumps are one of the most SSD-next gen things we’ve seen so far, though I will say it seemed a bit forced in there.

I have to agree, the cross-dimension rifts are cool from a technical perspective but gameplay-wise not sure if I’d enjoy that much. Hopefully Thursday’s full demo will shed light on how all that plays out.

The rifts are cool in Ratchet but I do see it as a two second loading screen but my biggest issue is that the rifts appeared a lot so I wonder how that all works and hoping that it’s not overdone.

2 Likes

With WB there I hope they announce the Harry Potter RPG finally

Also extremely excited for AoE III

2 Likes

Hopefully Piranha Bytes announced a new game. Need a new game from the maker of Gothic.

Updated the OP with today’s announcements of announcements

We’re finally going to see Fable gameplay!

I’m not trying to bash or anything but am I the only one tired of Geoff Keighley?

4 Likes

All I want is some sweet Gamepass news.

I got banned for saying he was a suck up on the other forum lol. I’m so tired of him and him being nothing but a PR mouthpiece for Sony.

2 Likes

Overexcitement leads to overdisappointment. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe not repeat the same thing you got banned for on another forum. :wink: Accusing people like that isn’t cool. It could well be Keighley is more excited about some PlayStation stuff, but it doesn’t make him a PR mouthpiece for Sony.

2 Likes

We’re trying to temper the trashing of others on here and I get it. But damn it seems like he never has Xbox in a good light. He’ll report news but he never sings praise even at the Showcase pre show his panel was basically falling asleep. I’m tired of the disrespect in the media lol is it for money? I don’t understand it :laughing:

2 Likes

No way, its gonna be

Fable - Gameplay Initiative Game - Gameplay Gears 5 - With RT, 4k 60fps, Ultra + PC Settings Forza - in game

499$ price

I wanna live in your dreamworld.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again: he doesn’t even care about Nintendo, let alone Xbox. Threating Gamepass aa basic cable when the best reviewed game of the year, Flight Sim, is available there next to Ori, one of the highest reviewed games, is nothing but laughable. He always congratulates Sony when they launch a game but stays quiet when Xbox has success. He’s toxic to this industry and I can’t believe there’s admiration for him out there.

5 Likes