Gamescom 2021 Xbox Stream officialy announced

Please have some Scorn and Elden, all I ask.

No shit.

What is the emoji?

I’m not good at those things.

I prefer gifs or memes.

It’s a face with a expression of surprise.

I don’t particularly know what you want to explain… lmao

1 Like

He’s replying to this tweet, so… yeah:

https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/1430239922464624654

So then Geoff and Jez are hinting at a “surprise”

or Geoff is suprised at Jez ruining the surprise

Idk GIF

3 Likes

While we can’t know for sure, I don’t think that’s about Halo. Klobrille pretty much said Halo is there and I’m sure Jez saw that tweet too.

I’m curious now.

Pretty sure it’s about Abandoned…

But that’s for the ONL or Community thread. But I’m not seeing an ONL or general Gamescom 2021 Stream thread.

1 Like

In the past we’ve had smilies and stuff before and it got hyped up but turned out to be meh, it’s probably better for our own good if we don’t expect too much of this. It’s just a surprised smiley in response to Jez by Geoff.

What time is opening night live tommorow in Central time?

Oh, I have my expectations for the show, specifically behavior by the host. It’s guaranteed. Just like all his other hosting events. :wink:

Idk how much up front xbox needed to be about the content of the show and people still found a way to complain about it.

4 Likes

Just finished watching the showcase. If you’re a Flight Simulator, State of Decay 2 and/or a Wasteland 3 lover, this was the showcase for you. Borderlands ship being in Sea of Thieves is kind of funny since Microsoft reportedly passed on acquiring Gearbox due to wanting Pitchford gone. But if they do some kind of tie-in with that Tiny Tina Borderlands game, it could be something cool.

Cloud Streaming coming later this year to Xbox One and Series X/S is sooner than I was expecting. Dying Light 2 looks great and im all in, like $100 ultimate edition digitally all in. If I had to choose, I would much rather see Far Cry 6 in Game Pass/Ultimate because I have zero interest in their post launch DLC.

Forza Horizon 5 looks amazing but we already knew that. Hoping for Fable gameplay at E3 2022. The Gunk actually looks pretty good. Added it to my list but seeing December gives me The Medium vibes, meaning it gets delayed into 2022. I really don’t see this game coming out in December and if anything, late January might actually be better for the game.

Overall, it was fine for what it was. I was hoping for Crossfire X campaign which was a no-show and Bright Memory Infinite which has a new 10 minute gameplay trailer that I will be watching in a few minutes but wasn’t part of this showcase. Still saying late 2021. My guess is mid/late November.

2 Likes

View counters lag behind real numbers horribly sometimes. I’ll see our video showing 400 views but have 800 in reality.

2 Likes

Bright Memory Infinite will have a 10 minute gameplay trailer in the very near future according to FYQD Studio. I agree with The Gunk but I don’t see it releasing this year. I see December as them hoping to release it but I will say that it gets pushed into 2022. Would have liked to see more of Tunic as well but wasn’t there a playable demo during E3? If so, I can understand why it wasn’t shown. Scorn and As Dusk Falls are pretty much guaranteed to be 2022 games at this point. I could see them being shown at The Game Awards which would put more eyes on both games.

Show itself was fine. There is a shit ton of games and content for Xbox during the second half of this year. Started in July and doesn’t seem to be slowing down at all. And the games/content seem to be spread out pretty well.

I can see people not liking it. I personally wasn’t expecting much. Microsoft seems to go bigger at E3, X0 and The Game Awards than it ever really does at Gamescom, Tokyo Game Show and Paris Games Week.

I was hoping for some Series X upgrades for Dishonored 2, Death of the Outsider and a few others. I’m surprised they haven’t at least confirmed these are coming at some point. But in of itself, I can’t complain because I wasn’t expecting much and at least Microsoft are having showcases. Dying Light 2 was a surprise for me since I worked and didn’t know that Techland was going to show a trailer at the Xbox showcase since their next episode is Thursday so that was a pleasant surprise I didn’t know about.

Hopefully, they have a digital X021 event in late October/early November. If not, then I would expect The Game Awards to be where they have one or two big announcements.

People are allowed to be disappointed. ITs called a discussion. Also If I want to complain about Nintendo putting out overpriced lazy cash grabs and ports I’ll do it. Not everything has to be praised and sang in a positive light. As long as its not whining for the sake of whining its fine.

And all people are saying is they’re a bit concerned about how the Halo roadmap is being handled. Delaying Coop for launch has pissed people off. If they came out and explained why that would be a good start.

2 Likes

Lol wtf

2 Likes

Very good analysis: good content but he criticises the “off moments” like the trebuchet video for AoE 4 (that one is really strange, it’s ok to hold off the good stuff for ONL and not showing anything there, but a documentary within a games showcase, ew, public is not educated enough in this day and age) and he is holding off criticism for Halo waiting ONL.

He makes a good point I didn’t think about before: this format was great for a “post show” like the E3 one, but if this is the only one during a convention, even if Xbox already tempered expectations, people generally don’t like anymore talk shows mixed with games and that 30% of overall time is covered by chatter, I think they should really go for a more condensed and faster format (the E3 one was perfect) and reserve talk shows ONLY as post shows.

3 Likes

As if i believe in any of Geoffs hype any more. By now Aaron Greenberg is a better judge of this stuff, think about that.

1 Like