Gamescom 2021 Xbox Stream officialy announced

iv been 100% on halo being at ONL since the nominations leaked few days ago. (as they only nominate games there, its why the nominations are weird)

However, what is shown is still unknown (we need a campaign trailer, and next flight announcement probably be over twitter, like previous one was)

Otherwise, unless they annouce a specific halo only event, we dont hve any big conferences left before TGA (apart from TGS, and i doubt halo will go there)

Like others have said that show will guaranteed have more people watching than the Xbox show, it’s a bit weird them not at least saying tune into tomorrow if they are showing it.

3 Likes

But you’d think that for a show that is all about games dropping this year they’d have Halo here, ah well this probably means I really shouldn’t expect Redfall tomorrow. Unless XGS is featured multiple times .

But they never said Halo was gonna be there at this showing to be fair

2 Likes

I kinda want to say the Avowed or Redfall dream is alive again…but nah! :wink:

again, the reaction is based on the optics, that’s all. It’s a combination of factors and expectations. Heard some people talk about “friday bad news led by Tuesday good news” and shit? That didn’t help. Also cuz it was a fair assumption that now that CoD got a date, Halo might too, and announcing that here. Also cuz we’re approaching end of month so maybe the right time and place to announce the next flight with BTB gameplay. All these factors compounded even if they didn’t explicitly say Halo wouldn’t be here.

1 Like

I thought the stream was okay given the previous expectations setting by Aaron Greenberg multiple times on it in advance. I would probably say a ‘B’ just because there were actually a lot of game updates and little things in there that added up for me.

I have no idea how Halo shows up during the rest of Gamescom in terms of what possible trailer or release date news tomorrow during Geoff’s stream for example, but Halo Infinite was nominated (silly I know how this stuff works) in multiple categories for Gamescom best of show categories in advance along with Elden Ring. You don’t get to be nominated if you don’t show up in some way, so that appears to the answer right there as to whether it is showing up. And frankly I think it is smart for them to save something like that for the more eyes on audience of Geoff’s stream than today’s Xbox thing which wasn’t being billed as anything remotely like a big E3 beat or event at all by them.

3 Likes

I don’t think Shibobi is wrong here. A show that has been said to be about updates about games releasing this year. FH5 is there, a expansion for Wasteland is there and so on, expecting their flagship franchise to be here is not unreasonable. I can see why folk thought it was a given.

2 Likes

In general, a game comes together in the last few months before release. Anyway, I am still optimistic that we hear about the release date soon, if not tomorrow.

Redfall would have been QuakeCon. Avowed might be at TGA.

yeah that’s perfectly reasonable. But it’s like tomorrow, so could at least hint at the end, “I know you guys are anticipating some Halo news, tune in tomorrow to get that” that’d at least let some of these halo fans sleep at night lmfao

3 Likes

Maybe they want it to be a surprise haha idk maybe it’s not even there. (that would set people off)

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah that is also true. I guess everybody is on edge here about Halo (me included).

1 Like

actual evidence for why Halo will be at Geoff’s show

I’m expecting something cool tomorrow after the Jez tweet. Not sure if it’s Halo though. I’m personally not worried about Halo at all, so it wouldn’t really bother me if we don’t see it tomorrow. Hope it’s there for you worrywarts though :kissing_heart:

I feel so out of place not losing my mind over Halo not being there haha, if we were a month or 2 weeks before launch and didn’t see anything then I would panic, we’re like 3 months away from launch plenty of time for a huge marketing push and gameplay showcases. I do understand why people are losing their mind over it, some slightly over the top but I do get where it’s coming from.

He’s clearly grinning!

2 Likes

it’s largely all about fans really wanting something relieving after the recent debacle, and a release date and flight announcement was the exact thing for it, so the lack of that is just gonna make them more disappointed thats all. It’s understandable.