Gamescom 2021 Xbox Stream officialy announced

They can, but they’re not QUITE there yet.

I think maybe 2023 is when Xbox could literally have a new game to announce at every show, and I mean every show, but they’re not quite there yet.

Would be also nice if Microsoft would show more from Contraband. Especially they showed literally nothing and especially it’s in production since late 2018.

Hopefully in the future we won’t have to wait mainly for E3 to see new trailers and updates and we will something in State of Play style somewhere between.

2 Likes

I do feel starting E3 2022 and beyond they will start showing a ton of stuff, like the slated games for 2023 is like crazy huge not to mention marketing rights for many unannounced games from 2021 that were pushed to next year, guess I need to fill my gamepass sub for another 3 years.

1 Like

So since their GC show will all be about games coming this year…I wonder what the chances are of

As dusk Falls

Scorn

CrossfireX campaign

Unless all of them are surprise 2021 releases.

If that turns out to be the case I will sleep during the Halo bit, smh. But at this point it wouldn’t even surprise me.

Surely 343 doesnt talk Multiplayer for like the 4th time in 2 months.

1 Like

343 has to show campaign gameplay at some point before launch gamescom would be a good way of doing it

5 Likes

I really don’t think they are forced to show a demo. We have seen the structure, we have seen the game play in action with the multiplayer, we have even been able to play the game ourselves. If Grubb is right, and they don’t want to divert resources from the development, they may show a campaign trailer instead.

I think we are too used to seeing almost everything from a game ahead of launch, that we lost the element of surprise. I wouldn’t be upset if we just get a campaign trailer. I’m fully reassured by the gameplay and that’s really great already. Now if they have time to spare for a demo so that it doesn’t impact the release of the game, go for it. If not, it is best they focus on flights and showing stuff that we haven’t already seen.

Sounds great, but also sounds like it isn’t gonna be a big stage for showing off any new games or announcing new stuff. :confused:

1 Like

Add The Gunk to the list. All are supposedly still slated for 2021. Would be incredible if those released this year. Scorn obviously would be a good October release and imho As dusk Falls could work well in September. CrossfireX is basically done so not sure why we haven’t herd about it in forever.

WRT Halo, I’d like a campaign trailer with gameplay snippets sprinkled in. I want it focused moreso on story. I’d like to see that accompany a deep dive into Forge mode and want to see a tech preview built around Forge (letting us make maps as well as share them and play them). If I were them, I’d save a full on campaign preview/demo for its own Inside Xbox kinda show a few weeks before release.

1 Like

I read that before here, that Crossfire is pretty much done. But is that a fact? Did Remedy tweet that or something?

Smilegate had a news in July.

Ah yes, I’ve seen that update. But it’s all about MP there, and the improvement is really nice but I didn’t really like the feel of the MP in the demo or beta. I really want to see what Remedy has been up to for the campaign.

I agree. I don’t think there’s a need for a full-on demo. A campaign gameplay trailer is what I’m hoping for though, but I’m fine if they don’t show anything on the campaign, as I’ve seen (and played) enough to be satisfied.

1 Like

Remedy told investors that a few months ago (April).

" The Crossfire team is finalizing the single-player operations for Smilegate’s CrossfireX and Crossfire HD . With both of these games launching in 2021, this is a significant year for Crossfire."

Well then…

Then it has to be at GC or otherwise I have no idea wtf is going on.

1 Like

Agreed. It’d be ideal imho. The Gunk, Scorn, As Dusk Falls, CrossfireX, Halo, Psychonauts 2, SoT(?), Forza Horizon, Battlefield 2042 + any 2021 indies shown off in this week’s indie showcase all add up to a real good showcase. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have no hype whatsoever for this game.

2 Likes

Nobody does. They just showed a brief trailer more than a year ago at the infamous July 2020 showcase and then never talked about it again. A single player Remedy exclusive shooting game is hitting in 2021 and it has zero coverage from Remedy or Xbox. Something fishy is goin on there imho.

1 Like

I don’t know why this is even a thing, looks extremely generic and boring to me.

It’s a korean shooter, I hope they’ll market it at least in Asia, otherwise it will be a dud, Remedy involvement for the campaing won’t make a great difference, considering the average commercial performance of their titles.