Games you’re holding to play on next gen

So close to next gen pretty much all of them, in fact I won’t get cracking on my backlog until my Series X arrives.

Even non enhanced games will be better experiences on Series X

I’m actually thinking of waiting to play some X360 games on Series X such as Lightning Returns. My biggest wish is that load times are improved.

My PS4 Pro is extremely loud, so I stopped using it some time ago. There’s a couple of current gen games I want to play on PS5 though:

• The Last of Us 2
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Days Gone

I’ll also wait for next gen versions of Cyberpunk 2077, AC: Valhalla and the rumored Mass Effect Remake to play on XSX.

Fun Racers like Mario Kart aside, I’m usually not really into racing games. The only exception in the last 20 or so years were Forza Horizon 2 and 3. Wanted to try FH4 for some time now, but never got to it. Will wait for a next gen patch for this one also. Properly updated it could very well be a graphical showcase for XSX, despite its age.

Definitely, starting with RDR2, it didn’t run well enough on my One S. Possibly Jedi Fallen Order, Sekiro, a couple more. And I’ll definitely wait for a Series X patch for Cyberpunk and AC Valhalla.

There’s definitely a few games that I’ve been holding on waiting to play till next gen.

Regarding games that have already released:

• Anthem
  • Doom Eternal
  • Rainbow Six Siege (bought on sale this year, haven’t played it other than the launch beta)
  • Control Expansions (as I’ve already completed the main game)

Games that are yet to be released, such as these listed below will all be played on XSX, as I plan on getting that at launch. Basically any cross gen game that releases from here on out I will hold to play on XSX. If the game has a planned XSX patch that’s not ready at the launch of the XSX, I’ll likely wait to play the game till it is ready.

• Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  • Star Wars Squadrons
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Gears Tactics (XSX)
  • Halo Infinite
  • The Ascent
  • Outer Worlds DLC (Peril on Gorgon)

As far as I’m aware, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 + 2 is the only game releasing between now and the end of the year, that I plan on playing on my existing Xbox (not waiting for XSX)

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey - Gold Edition

Yep, Fallen Order for me too. Also a bunch of games I’m not necessarily holding back intentionally, but which I’m unlikely to get to before I upgrade to Series X: Witcher 3, Dark Souls 3, Red Dead 2 etc. Hoping some of those older 2013-2015 games especially get significant upgrades.

Forgot one on my list I posted before:

RDR2

1 Like

also, Wolfenstien Sekiro, Red dead 2,