Games you’re holding to play on next gen

Anyone holding any games back to play their best version on next gen? I’m holding back Star Wars Fallen Order and if series x isn’t out by the time Watch dogs legion is out I’ll be holding that back too.

Oh yes. A huge backlog of games I have. Waiting for the extra power, knowing they will be BC with my XSX. That includes some OG XBOX and 360 games. For the newer games, I’m waiting until the XSX as well.

The final boss of Sekiro. Hoping stable framerates will do the trick. But then again I’m probably just lying to myself :joy:

2 Likes

:phil_lmao:

Mafia Remake & Cyberpunk 2077

I’m wating for Control. Remedy are one of my favourite developers but after hearing about people being soured on the game by the performance I decided to wait. Hopefully we get an edition with the dlc thrown in and all the fancy ray tracing turned on.

2 Likes

Cyberpunk & Control so far. Will get through the rest, as I know there will be a tonne of games come November.

2 Likes

I played Control on the X and didn’t have any noticeable performance issues.

For me I’ll be waiting to play Ori and the Will of the Wisps on Series X.

Thinking of holding out for Cyberpunk, but not sure I can wait until 2021. Will play bit better on series X back compat anyway so probably will give in.

I’m hoping that Anthem will get its new revival update on series X too. I picked it up for £5 and haven’t played it yet. Hopefully BioWare do a good job.

Ori, Gears, Control off the top of my head. Got Control free on PS Now and it’s basically unplayable to me. Other two are very playable but I just wanna see the improvements.

Last of Us 2 Cyberpunk Continued play through of Ori ReCore

Im hoping Sekiro is locked 60fps on Series X. Also fallen order

2 Likes

I played it on the original Xbox one and know what he’s talking about. Still loved the game but it did have some performance issues on the original Xbox one.

I’m holding off playing Wolfenstein 2 until Series X because it weirdly overheats my One X when I try to play it. Only game that does that.

Cyberpunk, Watch Dogs Legion, AC Valhalla

I have a huge backlog that I’m trying to work my way through so never in any hurry to play new releases really, so many games will be played for the first time on Series X anyway :wink: Backwards compatability is super important to me, so glad Xbox is doing it right.

I am however debating wether to hold off on Cyberpunk 2077 until the Series X-version is out, but I’m not sure I can wait that long…

1 Like

If there was a game that I would hold until a next-gen patch, it would be CP2077. However, if it runs like One X settings with stability on Series X I’ll be more than happy and will play it day one.

Mainly Ori and the Will of the Wisps and Cyberpunk

I sold my PS4 Pro back in March, so tons of games for me:

PS5:

• Ghost of Tsushima
  • The Last of Us Part II
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered
  • Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
  • possibly Death Stranding (on the fence about bothering to play this one)
  • possibly Days Gone (on the fence about bothering to play this one)

XSX:

• CyberPunk 2077
  • Control
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps for that 120FPS
  • Forza Horizon 4 for that 120FPS
  • Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
  • Psychonauts 1
  • A bunch of other XBO/360/OG Xbox BC games if they’re enhanced like Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Jade Empire, etc…

edit - OH and Doom Eternal. Never finished it on Xbox One and I’m psyched for Series X enhancements.

Quite a bunch:

Control for the RT goodness (or if it comes to gamepass PC before that) Cyberpunk Lichdom Battlemage (sounds like a game I’ll love but the performance on even on X is terrible, and I won’t purchase for pc after already having it on console XD) FF7R when it comes to Xbox Sekiro

Edit: argh. Why the formatting broke? How can I make a bullet list?

Will of the wisps was a weird one, one day I could boot it up and it was completely unplayable, another day I could boot it up and it would be buttery smooth.

Going to replay this game on series x, loved it.