Games Media is getting hands on access with the Xbox Series X

This is such an exciting console transition. It’s thrilling to see Microsoft making all the right moves and generating so much good will. Night and day difference from 2013.

3 Likes

I agree with @OldManHooch. The DF review is definitely the one I am most looking forward to.

3 Likes

Well at least one company is confident enough to send there system out

9 Likes

I sort of like Geoff and his content is bot bad but until the Series X show I always thought he was balanced but that panel he assembled and his complete fanboy love for Playstation I don’t really trust his opinion tbh. I hope to be proven wrong though.

3 Likes

It’s too much of an upgrade?

14 Likes

Haha yes this! Unbelievable

6 Likes

That’s got to be gaming media quote of the year. Can just imagine the headline…

‘Series S and Series X are too cold and too hot, PS5 is just right…’

It was truly embarrassing to read that tweet,

8 Likes

9 Likes

Interesting I heard/remembered it as ‘more like basic cable’…

I’m genuinely surprised there’s no unboxing videos at this point, if these machines have been sent out.

Tomorrow maybe?

Have we got a time or date for when they are allowed to show off the system properly?

I suspect there will be a list of embargoes. Unboxing. Showing off physical box. Showing off boot up and UI. Showing features. Games. Suspect a week or two total.

1 Like

I thought no one got official retail packaging?

Fair enough then, scrub that bit!

I’m sure Major Nelson will get his white gloves out of storage for a double console unboxing…W O R L D P R E M I E R E

6 Likes

Lol! I expect eye rolls and sarcastic comments x 1000. But in all honesty, I just hope he gives a honest non biased opinion. If there’s constructive feedback to be given, detail it. Anyways, that’s what I’m hoping for

1 Like

It will be from the beginning…

Imagine Geoff opening the packaging: “Hm ok, this is a bit tricky to open. Not great design, you see on PS they have these flaps bla bla bla”

Geoff taking a look at the controller: “Hm ok, what I like with the DualSense (isnt that a schampoo btw?) is that you can blow air into it. That is like innovative and stuff, Xbox is playing it safe here imo.”

Geoff fondling the powercord: “Hm ok, yeah it’s a cable but is it innovative? Couldn’t they do like more with it? Maybe we can blow air into it?”

etc etc

5 Likes

Can’t wait what Digital Foundry has to tell us!

On the contrary, I expect an in depth look at all of Kojimas games on the Series X from Geoff. I think there should be 9 of them?

I’m more interested in what Digital Foundry has to say about the Xbox Series X and later on PlayStation 5. I really want to see the true and real specifications of PlayStation 5.

Xbox Series X is of no concern because I have no worries as it’s going to be my primary gaming console for a reason - it’s the better console.

6 Likes